Page 1 of 2
Tools \  Lincoln or Miller?

Lincoln or Miller?

Tools Q & A
views 702
replies 11
following 11

twistedsdime   +1y
So I am about to get a welder and was wondering what everyones opinion was on the best welder for my money. I am looking for on to do work on frames and also body work..such as shaving door handles or whatever. Also if theres another good company let me know. I want to know a good model for each brand....such as the lincoln SP-175P or the millermatic 180? Any help would be great.
bdroppeddak   +1y
i prefer the power of blue..... the 180 is nice....
trayfoe   +1y
Miller
onehightoyota   +1y
you could have done a forum search, there are about 40 previous threads with this same exact title. and in every single one of them, the answer is miller. believe me its the best. go back and read all the other forums and you'll soon learn they are the most loved. everyone who buys a lincoln for their first welder likes them but once they use a miller they always stick with miller. i started off with a miller when i was a kid, then sold it and bought a miller. now a have a big miller for frames and a spool gun for welding aluminum and a smaller miller for body work. i absoloutely love miller. hands down the best
89s dime   +1y
i work at genie making construction equipment and we beat the shit out of our Millers everyday and they do well considering what we do to them. There are thousands of Millers that our company uses and thats all we use is Miller. But then again i went to wyotech and all we used there was lincoln and there good also. If you take care of it there both gonna be just fine. I just have more expierence with Miller so thats my choice.
///RA TROY   +1y
do you prefer red or blue i have both love them both either will be a good choice
twistedsdime   +1y
Originally posted by badass03taco

you could have done a forum search, there are about 40 previous threads with this same exact title. and in every single one of them, the answer is miller. believe me its the best. go back and read all the other forums and you'll soon learn they are the most loved. everyone who buys a lincoln for their first welder likes them but once they use a miller they always stick with miller. i started off with a miller when i was a kid, then sold it and bought a miller. now a have a big miller for frames and a spool gun for welding aluminum and a smaller miller for body work. i absoloutely love miller. hands down the best

Well smartass I actually did look through all the other threads in the tool forum and nothing was there about comparing welders. Also about the forum search....how about you do a search and tell me if it works for you. Hasn't worked for me in months.
low f350   +1y
Got a miller 251 and I love it. Have used lincolns to and they are good but prefer I blue.
dragyours2001   +1y
Anyone ever use esab i am looking at a 175, and was just curious about the preformance
thebagged1   +1y
miller 175 now called the 180 use personally and at shop and body shop AWSOME machine