Page 1 of 2
Tools \  wood burnering stove

wood burnering stove

Tools Q & A
views 1031
replies 16
following 15

nvrhapy   +1y
i have a small 1.5 car garage and have been using a torpedo heater with propane to heat it. i just came across a small wood burning stove that i can get for free, would this be good to use, any body use one, cost of propane is killin me.
DOWNSUB   +1y
The guy up the street has one works good but still smell. He did hook the vent up throught the roof but not all the smoke gos out the vent.
time1   +1y
You could get one of these and use the natural gas that goes to your house.

Found it here,http://www.heatershop.com/natural_gas_garage_heaters.html

post photo
detached   +1y
there not bad for free i think when i was like 8yrs old my family paid around 1500 or so for a new one that was also installed heated up the front room to the point i never wanted to be in the front room but i like the cold so for you it might just work out well.
nvrhapy   +1y
just lookin for something simple figured i would ask since i could get it for free
superstan   +1y
id get it. just make sure u run the pipe out the right way. my papa used to use them in his house and well it was hot lol. i got a buddy uses one in his garage. u can use coal in them to. id get it man. wood cheaper then propane lol.
nvrhapy   +1y
whats the wrong way to run it you just vent it outside right
bdroppeddak   +1y
at the shop i work at we are looking into a water unit, it basically looks like an a/c unit, it circulates hot water through kind of a radiator, with a squirrel cage type fan that blows air through it and into a duct system....
grip   +1y
Wood stoves are badass if you use them right.Just takes a minute to get warmed up in the morning.The way gas is priced it would cost me close to a thousand dollars a month to heat my shop so I have no choice.Next year I might buy a oil drip if I can drag up the money.Good duct work is the key to keeping smoke out of your shop.
snydecat   +1y
have one in my house and garage. there amaizing haha. you can get it as warm as you could ever want. id say get it. well it is if you can get wood.