Page 1 of 2
Tools \  JET Bandsaws

JET Bandsaws

Tools Q & A
views 730
replies 11
following 10

creative concepts   +1y
I have been looking at the JET horizontal bandsaws. Are these any good? I'm not looking for top of the line, nor do i really want bottom line. I want something that will last awhile.
sadisticiron   +1y
i have a jet bandsaw. i have had it for 4 years now and no problems. but do have extra blades on had cuz they always breake in the middle of something
creative concepts   +1y
thanks Bobby.. i've found a coolant flow one from JET on ebay, brand new for 800.. made me start to think about getting one.

are the blades snapping b/c of the design or b/c the tension settings are like what seth described on his HF one.. seems there is 1 spot that it doesnt break blades
astromanwes   +1y
I use one at work everyday, plus have one at home too, and they are pretty nice...deffinatly have extra blades, but really if you take care of it, they last for a really long time
TwistedMinis   +1y
My friend has a JET. Its much nicer than the HF one I have. His doesn't break blades nearly as much as mine. It cuts faster, and the motor doesn't get hot. I would upgrade mine to one of those, but I actually have my eye set on a 72" power feed thats water cooled with a 1" 3/32 blade.
sadisticiron   +1y
well i cut alot of heavy stuff and a blade will usually last about 6 months to a year. they just happen to break when youre in the middle of building something.
TwistedMinis   +1y
I bought a chop saw for heavy stuff. Lol. I the my bandsaw. I don't really use it much anymore.
creative concepts   +1y
awesome guys.. guess i'll be adding one with coolant to the garage here shortly!
BAGGEDTACO45   +1y
hey not to bump u but what about vertical bandsaws. whats a good brand and what should i look for
///RA TROY   +1y
i have a vertical band saw but it stands about 7 ft tall pretty exspensive but well worth it. i used to have a small jet horizontal but upgraded to a 11'6 liquid cooled horizontal much better.