Page 1 of 21
Under Construction \  scott childress' s10 "chalky blue"

scott childress' s10 "chalky blue"

Under Construction General Discussions
views 7635
replies 208
following 89

bdroppeddak   +1y
well i never thought i'd make one of these UC threads because as most that know me, know im a pretty modest person and dont like to show off much, but i've heard alot of heresay so i figured i'd make a thread to show what progress has been made since most think that the truck isnt being worked on at all.... alittle history for you also - back when scott was alive, i was building a frame to the budget we had discussed, but after he passed earlier this year, i felt that if his family and friends were going to build a sort of "truck of scotts dreams", if you will, i'd do my part in building something alittle fancier (in my eyes anyways)... so after my new job got settled and i was no longer working 80 hrs/week, i started on the new frame sometime in may/june, and slowly have gotten to about this point....

bag mount/upper arm mounts

front with chrysler balljoints (uniballs now, s10 drop spindles)

yay a whole perimeter frame

working on rear (supra center section/spindles)

more of rear suspension

another rear shot

new uppers with uniballs

yet another upper arm shot

since its the cool thing now, i'll mention that everything is tig welded but the joints in the frame, and they will be slicked out....

i dont get alot of time to work on the truck since i usually work 6 days a week, and like every other normal person, theres more than work, working on trucks, and sleeping in life....
lo75lux   +1y
very nice. u do some badass work.
sirbodydragger   +1y
looking damn good!!
TwistedMinis   +1y
Thats badass.
FADE2BLK94   +1y
Thats some killer work man, that thing is going to be sic!!
jeebus @ mmw   +1y
yea, you really do great work.

thats gonna be a great truck when its done

Taylor
epicminis   +1y
Thanks for sharing this with everybody Cris. Now maybe some of the behind the scenes BS-ing will stop.....or at least slow down. For ANYONE that doubts this truck is being built, I have two words - keep talking. Cris is doing an amazing job on the truck so far, and there is much more in the works right now. Scott's mom Sandra, his sister Alicia, Big Shawn, myself, Cris, tons of No Regrets members, and a huge list of other people(sorry to everyone else - I could be here all night with the names!) have not and will not give up on this project. Cris made me promise to let him be the one to show everyone the frame, although i've been watching the progress for months. He's fought a couple of uphill battles along the way and still turned out some awesome results. I can't thank you enough for that Cris.So for everyone who had the previledge to hear Scott talk smack about how bad this truck is going to be......stay tuned cuz it's STILL gonna happen!!

GA. BITCHES

lobdyblazr   +1y
Could some give a little history lesson on this truck? I dont what "talk" we are talking about.
epicminis   +1y
There's more to the story than we can post here, but the lowdown is this.....Scott Childress built a truck he called Chalky Blue because of the blue tinted primer that faded over time. He tried several times to build it and changed ideas, builders, styles, materials, and so on. He started and was president of No Regrets Georgia chapter, and got hassled by everyone for being a club president with no truck to speak of. That's when the "talk" we are talking about started. Some good, some bad, some ugly....but all talk. He passed away in February, and we (the many people) decided his truck would still be finished. That's when more talk went on. Since then, the original frame Cris had been building was put up for sale on SSM.....LOTS of talk went on. That's where there were some rumors that the project was over started. Little did anyone know until now that the truck has only taken a turn for the better. So that's what's up, give or take a few things. You can do a search for chalky blue, and get a little more history on the previous project. And it's one of those deals where the people who do the talking know who they are, and i'm not here to call anyone out - it's not about that. So the fact that you know nothing about the "talk" is a good thing. Fair enough?
lobdyblazr   +1y
i think I follow enough...looks good chris.