threads
Page 1 of 3
Tools \  This eye protection is Bull Shit!!!

This eye protection is Bull Shit!!!

Tools Q & A
views 863
replies 24
following 25

stockflooredsdime   +1y
I have been wearing the sunglasses style eye protection & had 2 pieces of metal removed from my eyes last week, & I am going in tomorrow for another one. All while wearing this crap. What does everyone recommend for good eye protection?
get twisted   +1y
Edited: 9/11/2007 10:32:23 PM by GET TWISTED

what you have now plus goggles and then a face shield over that so three layers is the only way to be 10% safe and still your fucked
ShaveDnFlamed99   +1y
go through J&L tools or MSC catalogs and find the type that have the lens completely wrap around the side of your eyes.
bowtied   +1y
Full face shield and sun glasses (yellow tinted) is what i used to wear. I'd wear just the sunglasses while working near grinders and welders etc. and wore them plus the full face shield. Can't remember any metal haven to be removed from my eyes. Good luck.
impulse   +1y
Your only safe bet is a pair of Arabian Goggles.
Holeyguy66   +1y
i wear a full face shield yellow safty glass's and a mask after awhile of breathing the metal fling around tends to hurt my nose.
simple-pleasurez   +1y
where might i find a pair of these? i checked all my arabian websites. got any pics.

(i do know what they are by the way...)Originally posted by iLLairgasm

Your only safe bet is a pair of Arabian Goggles.

thacru78   +1y
That sucks man......I dont ever wear glasses, unless im grinding in a tight spot, and i've never had metal in my eye. Guess I have good luck.
lowtoyz   +1y
YOU KNOW WHAT WORKS REALLY GOOD, IS YOUR WELDING HOOD. TAKE THE WELDING LENSE OUT AND LEAVE THE CLEAR GLASS OR PLASTIC LENSE IN. DOESNT FOG UP OR ANYTHING. BUT YOU NEED THE LONG LENSE HOOD.
NaviGangsta   +1y
use safety glasses that wrap past your eyes .. and a face shield also when grinding

if u got back and forth on welding and grinding. but a auto-darkening with an on/off button ... just flip it off to grinds, then on to weld .... also if im weldng overhead i recomend some clear safety glasses and welders cap