threads
Page 1 of 1
Truck Performance \  best link for high horse power motors?

best link for high horse power motors?

Truck Performance General Discussions
views 653
replies 9
following 10

2001x   +1y
Looking to build a motor this winter with over 450HP...either a 350 or a turbo 3800 or even a turbo 4.3

Right now i have a a stock axle with a a 4 link and the upper bars pointed outwards at the frame with sleeves behind and under the axle

I plan on running a narrowd 9inch or a 8.8 for a lil wider look on the rear meats.
bodydropped   +1y
either parrallel 4 link or ladder bars style setup would be your best bet
bdroppeddak   +1y
the only thing you need to do different is beef up your mounting points.... 300+ ftlbs of torque in an automobile can do some damage to steel..... if you are running some crazy torque numbers, you might want to run heim joints to minimize the deflection your bushings would give.... but as far as what style you can run any 4 link....
xinsertnamex   +1y
parrallel definitally
bdroppeddak   +1y
give a reason to your answer.....
03on22s   +1y
Edited: 7/18/2007 5:07:11 PM by 03on22s

I could see a parrallel being a little bit stronger since the bars are running completely perpendicular to all of the movement from the axle trying to shift or twist. It would probably take a shit load of power to tell a difference between that and a triangulated set up, but I think there would be a difference.
FullSizeRST   +1y
well i have 480 hp at the rear tire with out the spray and 495 torque i had a kp canti. 6 link that didnt work worth a crap it couldnt handle the tourqe but i just orderd air rides weld on for link with the 9000 shock waves and they said it would handle it with noproblem and they said i could towe if i wanted to ...but well find out in two or three weeks whent its done for the second time
wht01ranger   +1y
Originally posted by 03on22s

Edited: 7/18/2007 5:07:11 PM by 03on22s

I could see a parrallel being a little bit stronger since the bars are running completely perpendicular to all of the movement from the axle trying to shift or twist. It would probably take a shit load of power to tell a difference between that and a triangulated set up, but I think there would be a difference.

right. the more the upper bar is triangulated, the stronger the bar needs to be along with mounting points because the bar will want to bend. if it's parallel, it's mainly getting pulled and compressed and is less likely to bend from the torque.

acarthur333   +1y
well theres a guy that lived bye me but moved he does turbo conversions. i know the last time i saw him he said he was getting ready to do a twin turbo setup for a 4.3 liter s-10. i know hes already got a 400+ hp 4-cyclinder s-10. i think his website is turbos-10.com check him out.
Page 1 of 1