Under Construction \  86 mazda REBUILD

86 mazda REBUILD

Under Construction General Discussions
views 963
replies 20
following 15

trashed   +1y
Edited: 2/1/2007 7:57:21 AM by trashed

well, i traded my old 89 for this bundle of joy back in august i believe. found it out in the sticks, just sitting, weeds and grass completely overtaking the truck. made the dude a good offer and put it on a trailer and this is the progress.

this is how i found it.

setup was rough looking but it worked good. but i knew it had to be worse than it looked so i snapped a pic up under it so i could see the front bag setup. this is what i found.

now despite the way that looks, i was happy. it was a bolt in setup, so all i had to do was re bag the front right instead of cutting out hacked brackets.

first night i had it me and a few friends of mine cut some of the bed out and mounted the tank to the 4 link crossmember.

wasnt pretty but it worked. so it was time to drive my new truck for the first time.

we put the truck back on the trailer and took it over to my dads house. i started doing little things to it.

when it arrived.

started cleaning the body and sprayed fresh prime on it.

put the toyota bumper on it that i had to see how it would look.

i ran out of paint and was going to paint it the next day but the weather sucked and i never did it. lazy i know.

heres a pic of the suspension up to this point. me and a friend put my new 1/2inch vavles and line on it along with new parker ptc fittings. wayyyy to much going on back there.

i also cut out the inner fenders some so the front would lay. never got around to finish cutting.

began cleaning the hacked interior..

friend snapped a pic of me working on it

i decided i didnt like the half 2 tone primer so i went and got some semigloss and sprayed it.

a little while later, i put the truck on a roll back and took it over to my friends garage to begin cleaning things up.

right before the truck arrived.

now we got it over there i started to mess with little things, tank straps, loose wires, etc.

backed it into the garage to get some stuff done.

got the tank painted, wires hidden for the most part, upgraded gounds, relocated battery, cleaned up gas tank lines.

now, the shitty part. the truck sat over at the garage for 2 weeks with nothing getting done to it. guy came and offered to trade me a 4x4 ranger. i needed to get the truck out of there because the guy who rented out the garage to us was getting tired of it sitting in his way. so i traded the guy. bad move. i never got around to picking the ranger up and he had driven the mazda to his house. i called him a few days later and told me to come get the mazda back, he had sold the ranger. i was so glad.

well in the process of him having the truck, he managed do take it back to square one. valves and wiring were moved and looked like shit. he drove it with loose lugs so the drivers front wheel came off, smashing the fender and breaking a stud. i drove it home about 20 miles, drove great but when i got home and looked at it the next day, i realized i was lucky the truck didnt break causing me to wreck. this is the truck the day after.

bag rubs castle nut when aired up

yea thats where i would put it

brake line rubbing wheel. not safe

doesnt lay out, power wire sagging.

just nasty

we had dyed the carpet and dash black and put the cd player in before i traded, thank god it was only dirty..

heres the rear bags and link. definitely getting redone.

pulled it in the garage and started cleaning it. again.

wiped it down, and this is how it sits today.

heres the frame. gotta plate it bad, i tend to drag it and it was already thin.

mindlissmetalfab   +1y
As if you are even driving it let alone dragging it. That setup is just plain scary all around.
twistedsdime   +1y
werd............
MIDWEST DRAGFEST   +1y
when did u get a picture of my framerail at like that????? haha looks clean tho
trashed   +1y
Originally posted by iLLblazer

As if you are even driving it let alone dragging it. That setup is just plain scary all around.

yea, it put a knot in my stomach when i looked at it. i have only driven the truck 2 times, day i got it and when i moved it back to my house. trust me it will not be driven in that condition, i could kill somebody.
granth   +1y
may as well of bought an old school the condition that thing is in! some people i swear, don't know how to maintain things.
oneup   +1y
If you don't mind my asking what'd you pay for that thing? It ain't too awful bad a little work and it'll be a good truck besides its a Mazda so its worth it.
Twisted Galant   +1y
thats one hell of a bag job they did on that thing But yeah wit a lil work not too bad. Body is in pretty good shape so thats a plus
trashed   +1y
Edited: 2/1/2007 8:57:16 AM by trashed

lets just say i got a good deal on it. the cab is solid, no bondo, motor is rebuilt, has potential to be a good little truck.

i found this thing for parts, i can use the bed and other little peices for my truck and take the frame and build one for my truck.

but sometimes i wonder if it would even be worth it for my truck, thats kinda where i am at this point. i cant figure out if it would be more benificial to just get a stock truck and build it, or just fix mine.

post photo
post photo
post photo
Twisted Galant   +1y
I would build the parts truck honestly. Use your cab etc. You would have a stock frame to start over with. Or you could use the front clip on the bagged truck and do a stockfloor or on. So many possabilities