threads
Page 1 of 1
Under Construction \  unibody body drops???

unibody body drops???

Under Construction General Discussions
views 671
replies 9
following 7

lowridermags   +1y
im intrested in all the ways to get everything on the ground. what i wanna know is how do you guys do it? i understand the hole truck bd's but im not sure at all what the prosses is for cars. can anyone shed some light on this for me?
LaidNeon   +1y
here's my project i have been working on with getting the neon to lay body

http://www.streetsourcemag.com/forum/topic.aspx?method=reply&topic_id=82867&forum_id=43&forum_title=&M=True&S=True
TUCKINTEMPO   +1y
hey crucial, dont you love mcpherson! My shit is on the back burner right now, but soon ill be re-entring mcpherson hell! I have a few tricks up my sleeve , to attack this issue!
lowridermags   +1y
well thanks dan! it kinda helps. i need more info on everything, is it as simple on all cars as yours? like lets say a honda??? the reason i ask is because there cheep as hell!
LaidNeon   +1y
Originally posted by TUCKINTEMPO

hey crucial, dont you love mcpherson! My shit is on the back burner right now, but soon ill be re-entring mcpherson hell! I have a few tricks up my sleeve , to attack this issue!haha its not so bad...........well maybe it is. i keep going back & forth on my plans for the front end too much. i hope this new idea works out cause i really don't want to run cylinders

Originally posted by lowridermags

well thanks dan! it kinda helps. i need more info on everything, is it as simple on all cars as yours? like lets say a honda??? the reason i ask is because there cheep as hell!i've seen some people do cantilevers in the rear & then the front the cut the tops of the strut towers off & put a bag on the upper control arm. some do cantilevers in the front too
2manyyotas   +1y
IM WORKING ON AN 02 CIVIC FOR MY BUDDY AND ITS A REAL BITCH THERE IS NO UPPER CONTROL ARMS AND THE TIE RODS CONNECT TO THE STRUT SO THEY DONT MAKE CYLIDERS FOR IT AND THE STRUT TURNS WHEN TURNING AND ITS CONNECTED TO THE SPINDLE WHICH IS CAST METAL SO I CANT WELD ON IT. SO DONT BUY ONE OF THEM I CANT MAKE IT EVAN CLOSE TO LAYIN. IF ANYBODY HAS ANY SUGGESTIONS PLEASE IM ALL EARS
drpitlo   +1y
I cut my strut towers out and made custom towers but im still running cylinders to. its not to hard to do just time consuming
PhAtVenGonAiR   +1y
I'm running a straight axle with a 4 link in the back. Was alot easier then atempting to mess with the irs and now I'll have no camber. For the front I cut out part of the top strut perchs for my control arms to come threw but now they've binded up. Once I make control arms she will lay. Only problem is now I have to section the oil and tranny pan right away.
LaidNeon   +1y
Originally posted by 2manyyotas

IM WORKING ON AN 02 CIVIC FOR MY BUDDY AND ITS A REAL BITCH THERE IS NO UPPER CONTROL ARMS AND THE TIE RODS CONNECT TO THE STRUT SO THEY DONT MAKE CYLIDERS FOR IT AND THE STRUT TURNS WHEN TURNING AND ITS CONNECTED TO THE SPINDLE WHICH IS CAST METAL SO I CANT WELD ON IT. SO DONT BUY ONE OF THEM I CANT MAKE IT EVAN CLOSE TO LAYIN. IF ANYBODY HAS ANY SUGGESTIONS PLEASE IM ALL EARS7th gen civics lay out nice in the back. its just retarded how they lay with just a bolt on air suspension. getting the front down on those are gonna be a bitch.
lowridermags   +1y
Originally posted by PhAtVenGonAiR

I'm running a straight axle with a 4 link in the back. Was alot easier then atempting to mess with the irs and now I'll have no camber.

what is the straight axle out of? this is what i want to do with my life! i want to learn everything i can about slammin and draggin cars and trucks.this sh*t is like pron to me!
Page 1 of 1