Page 1 of 6
Under Construction \  Custom paint on our xB

Custom paint on our xB

Under Construction General Discussions
views 3218
replies 53
following 32

AiredOut   +1y
Well we started doing the jamb work on my dads xB today, i think it came out pretty good. It going to be a 2 tone candy paint job with house of kolors gold faded into tangerine. Heres a few pics:

dissassembled nose:

Masked. Sealer and base metallic coat applied.

AHHH Pretty colors Pics taken about 6 hours after the ones above.

More to come soon!!!!!

mandca   +1y
Lookin good so far I love the XB'S heres my wifes
post photo
fatboysS1O   +1y
im gunna paint mine to look like this!
j&jkustomz   +1y
Good job.. Like the color..
AiredOut   +1y
Originally posted by fatboysS1O

Yeah, i tried to tell him to paint it silver with black trim. Then he needed to put to lengthwise glass sun roofs in it with orange neons under them. The idea didnt fly though.

1LOWBOX   +1y
those colors are NICE!!
fatboysS1O   +1y
Originally posted by AiredOut

Originally posted by fatboysS1O

Yeah, i tried to tell him to paint it silver with black trim. Then he needed to put to lengthwise glass sun roofs in it with orange neons under them. The idea didnt fly though.

yeah, sorry for being an ass those XB's just look like toasters or a shoe box to me.
AiredOut   +1y
Edited: 12/14/2006 7:30:56 PM by AiredOut

Got some updated pics of some jamb work. Laid down the base and a little candy here and there. Thats all for the jambs till after the cars painted, then they will get coated the rest of the way. BTW - i forgot to mention that this cars only 3 weeks old

The next step is to reinstall the doors and tailgate. I will also have to semi-reinstall the bumpers and all the skirts as well as the door handles. All these items must be sprayed very close to their installed position (within
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
mtm   +1y
just curious when you go to a bodyshop and ask for a complete color change, do they go to the trouble of painting behind the door panels and shit like that or is that only the "good shops"
bodydropped85   +1y
we usually try to paint atleast be hind were the door panel sits so you dont see any of the old color. depends on the shop and how lazy the techs are. maako is bad for just tapin everything off very badly and sprayin it.