Page 1 of 1
Under Construction \  Transmission bellhousing

Transmission bellhousing

Under Construction General Discussions
views 300
replies 3
following 3

XpLower   +1y
I was wondering if anyone knew if the bellhousing on a Ford AOD off a 302 would be the same pattern as my Ford AOD on my 245 v6 in my Explorer? I have a buddy who has a AOD laying around and from knotching and lowering my explorer 4 inches in the rear on static suspension, i think my driveshaft might have blew my rear seal because of the pinion angle being thrown WAY off. I am now in search of a new or used transmission i could get cheap, but hopefully the bellhousing pattern on the 302 will be the same.....
slammed88cutlass   +1y
that pattern should be the same. if your anywhere near ohio i can get you a good price on a low hours test trans for it.
XpLower   +1y
thanks for the info. I live in Arkansas and have a real low budget, but i have a friend that has an AOD and a C6. I might use the C6 to add some bulletproofness to my car. Never seem to have a problem with C6s. We found out that it leaks out the breather at the top of the transmission. Which i think it might just have a stopped up filter and causes it to leak. I bought a filter kit but couldn't finish it on acount of rain. But if the bellhousing is the same then the C6 should work, its off the same car as the AOD.
bodydropped85   +1y
nope its not the same. the 2.8/2.9/4.0 share the same bolt pattern for bellhousings, but the 3.8 is the one that shares w/ the v8. explorers and rangers use the A4LD trans in taht year.
Page 1 of 1