Page 1 of 2
Toy Model Cars \  why bags or juice?

why bags or juice?

Toy Model Cars General Discussions
views 770
replies 16
following 12

H8R-MKR   +1y
Are we limited to this form of suspension cuz it's cheap and easy? Scared to experiment? What other forms of adjustable suspensions are there? I have been slammin trucks and cars for quite a few years now and find myself gettin bored with hearin the usual treatments bein done to vehicles.
no1lowr   +1y
not sure sht you have in mind but i cant think of anything else that would be adjustabel besides air psi or hydraulic fluid psi, maybe a gear setup with a motor but not very economical, good luck on this one.
TwistedMinis   +1y
I'm with Josh on this one. Stick to whats there. There isnt really anything else.
dssur   +1y
I bought a couple bags of jiffy puff marshmallows and I'm gonna try em out.
balcar   +1y
Edited: 7/10/2006 1:03:25 AM by havok

There is, us old schoolers used to use air shocks on all 4 corners. no bags or hydros! LOL I know Russ is old enough to remember that..

Originally posted by blazedbowtie82

I'm with Josh on this one. Stick to whats there. There isnt really anything else.

H8R-MKR   +1y
so why would a a gear driven application not be economical? the motors might run you 600 if you went with four. your set up could resemble a screw jack type assembly over top of your coils. I dunno but with everybody bein hardcore fabricators and all you would have figured they would have come up with somethin already. I mean we've landed on the moon and are able to make marshmallows last indefinately (even though you might have to soak them in beer to soften up) Surely raising and lowering a metal box up and down cant be that hard. Or is it?
BK2LIFE   +1y
why would you want to use screw jacks? they already have those on nascar's to adjust the car to the track.

air or hydro is quick, fast, and it works. thats like asking why hasnt someone made different tires? their round, im sure someone can make different tires.
lyinlow   +1y
its not the fact that no one can do it.. sure you can do it but make it look clean.. make it reliable. make it have half decent ride quality. you can make some pretty insane setups with bags or cylinders now.. only limited to your imagination...
no1lowr   +1y
Originally posted by hellspawn

so why would a a gear driven application not be economical? the motors might run you 600 if you went with four. your set up could resemble a screw jack type assembly over top of your coils. I dunno but with everybody bein hardcore fabricators and all you would have figured they would have come up with somethin already. I mean we've landed on the moon and are able to make marshmallows last indefinately (even though you might have to soak them in beer to soften up) Surely raising and lowering a metal box up and down cant be that hard. Or is it?

it owuld not be economical because number one, the motor to drive the gears fast enough and strong enogh and be consistent all the tme would be very expensive plus it would be slow up and down and require 2 or 3 alternators and like 6 batteries, you may as wel do juice, the reason air and juice are so prominent is because they are established and inexpensive, also fast and reliable, who wants a gear to snap while going down the road now the suspension falls fown dragging a whole in your gbatteries and you explode, lol , i dont know just saying its not feesable.
bear22185   +1y
Alright I worked for a saw mill Fabrication (Keener built Saw Mills) shop a while back and we used ACME Screws to make the cutting head go up and down. It can work, but prepping those tubes, placing the motor, moundint them, ETC is a pain. Trust me. And you must me a bad ass welder cus the tubes must be filled with fluid so that everytime it went down the screw got some fresh oil.it only needs 1 battery yes, but we ran 1 motor. And yes it's slow very slow. then getting springs mounted wouldn't be so bad cus those tubes have to be like3 "3/16 or 2 1/4". And lastly you could bever know how high you were. Just a pain if you ask me, but you can do what ever you want to man. I'm sure it would be awsome.
Barrett