following 9

eddiep23   +1y
Bump
eddiep23   +1y
thump
eddiep23   +1y
ker-blump
91extcab   +1y
I had a push button start in mine, I tied the neutral safety switch in the clutch pressed position, and tied the push button start into the starter wire off the ignition switch. Ran a power wire to the switch, then wired the switch into the ignition starter wire. Worked fine. I too like previously stated put my button where the cigarette light socket goes. Fit with little modification.
eddiep23   +1y
can anyone proved me with a wiring diagram of what wires are getting cut and spliced and such?
91extcab   +1y
The back of the ignition is completely labeled. B, IGN1, IGN2, ST, ACC, and maybe a G for ground. ST (starter) you would cut and run a wire from the side not still attached to the back of the ignition, to the the relay as the what you are powering circuit. Full power from the battery, tied into a constant power from wherever you like, could tie it into the battery wire off the back of the ignition if you wanted. If you go that route make the connected to the battery wire split into 2, and run the second wire to the supply of your push button starter, then from the load on the push button into the 85 of the relay, and run a ground from the 86 on the relay. The connections are opposite each other. The relay has a 30 and 87 spade, one is the constant battery supply, the other feeds into where you cut the ST wire off the back of the ignition.
eddiep23   +1y
Okay so today, my key cylinder to start the truck completely died.... how long does it take to do a basic complete push button? I'm talking i need a switch for accessories and then a momentary to start the truck. pics too please
tpaulh   +1y
The ignition on mine went and it is a couple hundred dollar part so I just ran a wire from the hot side of the starter up to a push button placed in the little pop out on the left side of the steering column and the back to the small wire on the starter solenoid, bought a good heavy switch but the whole thing only cost about 20 bucks. Turn the key to on and push the button! It's just like a fancy new car
eddiep23   +1y
mine has no current on any position of the key cylinder... i'm thinking either A) its dead or B) the wire came loose
Cusser   +1y

You need to TEST before blindly rushing in. I see Sears has a digital multimeter for $15 on sale now.