Under Construction \  Rockered on 20's...updated July 7th 2010

Rockered on 20's...updated July 7th 2010

Under Construction General Discussions
views 4830
replies 117
following 68

90yota   +1y
Edited: 7/7/2010 2:02:30 PM by 90yota

Edited: 1/29/2010 11:06:43 PM by 90yotaEdited: 8/18/2009 9:04:41 AM by 90yotaEdited: 8/10/2009 12:01:15 AM by 90yotaEdited: 6/16/2009 7:07:40 PM by 90yotaEdited: 5/31/2009 11:31:54 PM by 90yotaEdited: 5/26/2009 7:41:02 PM by 90yotaEdited: 5/18/2009 10:08:27 AM by 90yota
Well I guess its my turn to start one of these build up threads...Heres a little history on  my 90' toyota pickup....Ive had it for about 5 years now....it started off with just a bag job....then bodydropped on some chrome 17's in 2005... I drove it like that for a for a few summers,  then had this idea to try and stuff some 20's under it sometime in 2007....Then life got in the way as many people can relate to, and the truck sat in the shop for almost a year and a half untouched...Which brings us to some recent months.....While planning my wedding thats coming up in August, my fiance and I decided instead of spending $$$ on a limo, I should actually finish the truck and have something to be proud of ....and so it began!!!!!!

All work is being done by myself......let me know what you think...............

heres some before pics...

heres the build up so far...

finally on the ground with the 20's ^^^

driver's side firewall tub, geo brake booster and recessed clutch ^^^

passenger side firewall and tub ^^^

new tube lower arms installed ^^^

notched the frame to move the bag in closer...and setting up the front mounts ^^^

mounts installed with gussets as well as new upper control arm mounts ^^^

some of the welds ^^^

layed out ^^^

lifted ^^^

new crossmember and starting the new frame rails ^^^

joining the new rails ^^^

new rear back half and 4 link installed...frame is also sealed up for air storage ^^^

4 link ^^^

rear bag mounts on upper bars and starting some tube work ^^^

some more tube work...^^^

another shot of the tube work....^^^

which brings me to the present......I havent taken any pics in the last few weeks but the frame is nearing competion (finally) and is going to be blasted next weekend, and prepped for paint!!!
SoloSpecialties   +1y

badass work man,keep it up. good luck w/ the wedding,mines also in august lol

22below   +1y
Nice truck, you know you are a minitrucker when you want to drive off in your truck rather than a limo. I wish my Ranger was done for the occasion in March 08, but the Mazda did the job. Best of luck getting it looking good before the wedding. Make sure you get a photo driving off....like mine, no draggin off ;D 
post photo
Uncle Fester   +1y

Truck looks great so far and sounds like you have a keeper for a fiancee Good luck and hope all turns out ok, 
relaxednoma   +1y
Thats awesome! my fiancee and I will be driving off from our wedding in the sonoma for sure. that was the 2nd thing she said about the wedding haha
jdauer02   +1y

looks good, nice work
Drag2blaze   +1y

Good work, i wanna bodydrop mine now.

twistedsdime   +1y

HAHA! Thats sweet dude! It's looking good too...keep up the good work!
artsar   +1y

Nice truck, I remember seeing it back at North of the Boarder Bash a few years back... GO CANADA
jdm customs   +1y
Edited: 4/13/2009 1:16:05 PM by tuckntiremaz

Everything looks super nice. You wont get a very good side to side with your rear setup though. Unless you run really stiff shocks or 2 on each side it wont take a bump on one side very well either. You might as well put one bag on the top/center of the rear end, thats how its going to handle. Just a heads up. My wife and I drove my mazda home from the reception with bows and stuff tied to it. We were going to drag some aluminum cans behind it but I didnt want to get pulled over on the way home from the wedding.  lol