threads
Page 3 of 3
Body work and Paint \  Whats the goin pay rate for a painters helper?

Whats the goin pay rate for a painters helper?

Body work and Paint Q & A
views 11032
replies 23
following 22

lrey05   +1y
are you kidding me ?? 8.50/hr ???!?! thats crazy . i work at a cheap ass, whole in the wall shop in newark nj and i make 14.50/hr . & just sanding and taping the car. i dont even prime. shop i worked before that was paying me 17/hr. so now im wondering how much the painters are making ? average here is about 24/hr. oh and keep in mind ive only been doing this for about 6 months.
tre5   +1y
"keep in mind" this thread was started (and last posted) in 2006. That's just under 8 years ago from the last post date. I'm sure things have changed in 8 years.................................
northside   +1y
I am a paint prepper at an Arkansas dealership. I've been doing it for about a year. I started as the porter.

I would be interested in what kind of hours you are getting at these pay rates. Are you getting paid for a 40 hr work week or are you getting paid on commission.

I am on a paint team and we can turn over 400 hours if we have the work. We have 2 painters and 2 preppers. We usually do a little over 300.

I've heard that our preppers make more than most other preppers. I'm making right about $50k in a year.

I've been considering looking else where, but I'm wondering what type of pay cut I would have to take.