threads
Page 2 of 3
Body work and Paint \  Whats the goin pay rate for a painters helper?

Whats the goin pay rate for a painters helper?

Body work and Paint Q & A
views 11033
replies 23
following 22

dan48p   +1y
i never was a "helper" but straight out of school i started in a shop at 9.25 a year ago last may, now i'm making 15.35 w/ full benifit package. fuck 10 bucks an hour you can make twice as much delivering pizzas
1SICKCANYON   +1y
Thanks for all your help guys. I do get a bonus every two weeks from my painter. We usually hit 260 hrs a pay, and he gives me a dollar for every hour over 200. But when you get money like that under the table it doesn't help you out when your trying to get a lone and you tell them you only make $7.50 an hour!
bodydropped85   +1y
find a new job if they wontgive you a raise! paint helpers around here get like 10-15 an hour...
Dragntrac23   +1y
Damn in Houston all the painters seem to think their worth about $200 an hour .. Painter: that job is about 3 weeks of work, you're looking at $7k in labor ..
SuperCharged6MT   +1y
painters helpers down here usually get a 12 pack of Corona depending on how difficult the help is...

MashNSwitches   +1y
Right outta high school I went to work for Collision Revision in Fl helping my bro. I was gettin 12 an hour and he would give 50$ for 200 hours and 100$ for 250. Did that for a year and now I paint bumpers maybe a front end every now and then for 3$ on commision and still get the 12 on the clock.
wymplo94   +1y
Edited: 8/20/2006 8:34:06 PM by wymplo94

I work at ancira chevy In San Antonio texas....the paint team which there's 6 preppers 2 painters 1 painter 3 preppers per team each prepper gets 16.00 per comish hour but then we half the hours with the which equals 8.00 an hour usualy run about 125-150 a week unless it is slow but usualy never under a 100 a week....workin on the clock blows you always work harder than what you get paid defently try to find a good 50 50 comish job I make more than other painters at other shops and all I do is prep and tape....
baggedwagon69   +1y
my helpers get 14.00 hr commison at 50%
twotonerange   +1y
the helper at my shop gets paid 8.50 a flat rate hr. but i know other helpers that make 10-15 a clock hr.
liljlowrider   +1y
my helper make 7.50 flat rate a hour and doesnt deserve that much he sucks cant tape worth a shit.