Page 1 of 2
Body work and Paint \  RM Diamont paint

RM Diamont paint

Body work and Paint Q & A
views 6062
replies 11
following 9

Ryan McMicken   +1y
My sponsored body shop is painting my car w/ this brand of automotive paint. He told me that this brand is the 2nd best paint finish in the nation (1st was some brand made in Germany & would of costed nearly 1G just for the material). The primer, base, hardener, and pearl came out to like $430, that's not even including the clear yet. So does this sound right? Last time they painted my car w/ Valspar and he says that's rated as #4. I thought that looked damn good............can't wait to see how this comes out. Lemme know what you guys think? Thanx!
SoCALSPEEDSHOP   +1y
rm is really good paint, im not sure about the prices though i never pay attention.....we use it at the shopi work at, u cant really rate paints man, atleast i cant, to me glassurit, ppg, and rm is the ducking shit for collision work and custom stuff, and for crazy stuff i like HOK,
2tonesdime5   +1y
what's up man, to me.. paint is all pretty much the same.. the clearcoat is what makes it look good and good clearcoat is $$$
Totalfab   +1y
The price is very fair and Rm is a division of glassurit. Also its not all in the clear even the best clear won't make cheap base look great only a little better.
Ryan McMicken   +1y
Originally posted by SoCALSPEEDSHOP

rm is really good paint, im not sure about the prices though i never pay attention.....we use it at the shopi work at, u cant really rate paints man, atleast i cant, to me glassurit, ppg, and rm is the ducking shit for collision work and custom stuff, and for crazy stuff i like HOK,

HOK is actually made by Valspar so RM Diamont must be somewhat better. I'll believe that! That the clear is what makes the most of a paint job.
badfish57   +1y
RM-DIAMONT is made by BASF i've painted a few projects with it.. it's really good. the rm diamont 92 clear has a nice gloss to it
loasian   +1y
my truck is PPG base with RM-Diamont 92 clear. I only used RM-Diamont clear on all my projects.
Severed701   +1y
LOL ive never heard of the national paint ratings before but whatever...i only use ppg..but have heard nothing but good things about RM..and as far as price goes...if you paint a COMPLETE car with quality products..you will be lucky to get by for under a grand....
SoCALSPEEDSHOP   +1y
dc 98 and dc 5800 are really nice clears, hok clear is really nice too