Page 1 of 1
Air Ride Suspensions \  Fixing My Air Leak Problem

Fixing My Air Leak Problem

Air Ride Suspensions Q & A
views 1506
replies 2
following 1

truck action   +1y
Well back fixing the little things on my truck,first in line is this slow air leak down drivers side front & rear ,than the tanks slow leak down!!
Trying to pin point the problem so check manifolds first than put the bags in the mix!
Using a portable air tank with air gauge in place of a bag, can keep pressure on the manifold & open the fill side & see if the check valve is holding,leave over night see if the tank pressure drops,through shouldn't as no leaking seen!!
Will do this with the rear manifold also!!
With the front bag removed I see a 3'' tear at the bottom edge of the bag on the outer rubber covering will check for leakage ,but will replace both front bags at this time , 8 years old! Than on to the rear!!
Post was last edited on Nov 15, 2015 04:11. This post has been edited 1 times.
truck action   +1y
Just added photo's!
post photo
post photo
post photo
truck action   +1y
more photos
post photo
truck action   +1y
Got the new front bags ,just waiting on a new valve.
The rear manifold has a bad dump valve,cleaned all the parts more than once still stays open! Can't get the rebuild kits for these Asco valves any more, & seems only one supplier still has some so two new ones are on the way!
I will remove the rear bags do do a good visual on them. When I talked with the Slam tech he said they have seen bags go 12 years than show bad checking like tires, said should change out around 5 years, all mine are at 8 years!
post photo
Post was last edited on Nov 19, 2015 04:11. This post has been edited 1 times.
Page 1 of 1