Page 1 of 1
Under Construction \  what shocks should i use on my 2001 bagged s10

what shocks should i use on my 2001 bagged s10

Under Construction General Discussions
views 4170
replies 9
following 3

ROCCO   +1y
i just bought a bagged out 2001 s10 ex.cab a week ago and its equipped with the 480c viair dual comp. system BUT previous owner didnt have shocks and said it would b ok but than learned that its not...its got the c-notch and 4 link..and the rear measurements r 10" fully compressed and 16.25 fully ext..and thr not so easy to find can ANYONE help please...
guilty by design   +1y
Rear Nissan hardbody shocks would be prefect for you (#20851) They have about 7'' travel and have dual eyelet mounting ends.
You can use the standard shock mount stud
http://guiltybydesign.net/index.php/bracketry/shock-relocation/shock-stud-mount-442.html
ROCCO   +1y
i seen ur link u sent me but confused on how it will work...does it relocate the mounts or change the mount or ?
guilty by design   +1y
you weld or bolt the shock mounts to your frame/link bar and the shock mounts to them.All you have to do is cycle the suspension and find where the shock will fit without limiting lift or drop.
ROCCO   +1y
well its got like 61/4in of play so that shock u told me bout would work plus the dude i got truck from said the mazda b2000 shocks work...do u knw if thats true..?
ROCCO   +1y
and which mount kit should i use im searching on line local stores but not having n e luck..
guilty by design   +1y
Im sure the mazda shocks will work as well. Any shock will work so long as it doesnt limit your travel. If the shocks dont travel enough you simply move them closer to the frame mounted side of your bars and youll get less movement out of the bar. As for the mazda shocks you have i dont know the mounting ends on them so i dont know what mount you need to buy. Ive just always used the nissan shocks with those shock mounts i showed you so i dont have to figure out a shock arrangement on every truck i do.
ROCCO   +1y
OK...I'll use the Nissan shocks...but the link u sent me showed the stud.. which mount kit should I use..? And would Napa or auto zone or any of the local stores have it
ROCCO   +1y
And thanks for ur help btw
beyondsic   +1y
http://thorbros.com/shock-relocating/front-shock-mounting/front-shock-relocating-kit
Use the kit listed above along with below
Nissan Hardbody (D21) 1900-1992 Front Shocks
Press out bowtie

81507 Gabriel or 32245 Munroe
Page 1 of 1