Page 1 of 1
Ask A Pro \  Building control arms

Building control arms

Ask A Pro Q & A
views 1826
replies 4
following 4

broadband   +1y
I need to build a set of drop control arms for my 73 Riviera since they don't make spindles for it. But everywhere I look people only build a drop into the lower control arm. Wouldn't you want to build the same amount of drop into both the upper and lower arms?
draggin91   +1y
I bet if you talk to Michigan metal works he'd build you a set of drop spindles for it. He's been building custom spindles for a bunch of trucks lately.
broadband   +1y
Thanks for the reply. I am in contact with them now and trying to get a ballpark figure to see if it's even worth it. But if not I will look into plan A. So with that said, has anyone had any experience with building or cutting their control arms? I just don't see how you wouldn't lower both the same amount but I have seen lots of people that only do the lower control arm.
leydbck   +1y
Most of the control arms I have seen have a lower mounted spring perch on the LCA, the reason for this is because the spring mounts the the frame and the LCA. They are just lowering the spring mounting point to create drop, no reason to modify the upper unless you need to re-angle your ball joints
leydbck   +1y
I meant to say most of the "Drop control arms" not all aftermarket ones.
***It would be nice to be able to edit posts***
Page 1 of 1