Page 1 of 1
Under Construction \  94 toyota tranny tunnel

94 toyota tranny tunnel

Under Construction General Discussions
views 1580
replies 8
following 5

dragginuts   +1y
hey guys i am wondering if i put int he raised tranny cross member am i going to have to build a new tranny tunnel in the cab or will the stock one be fine ?
baha   +1y
Does it raise the transmission in relation to the stock location? If so yes. Where did you get the raised tranny cross member from?
truck action   +1y
I have a trans support from CanDo on my 88 Toy. Wasn't a problem ,but I also have a 2 piece drive shaft !
dragginuts   +1y
i would assume that it raises the tranny up but i have not messed with it at all i could be wrong. i do not know where it came from i traded my old mini for this one and i am having to redo everything on this turd the kid i got it from had no clue what he was doing he used angle iron as a cross member on the c notch the wiring was a rats nest under the dash the power wire going to the door poppers was spliced together 4 different times 4 different ways ill post some pics of it soon or what it was to what it is now
baha   +1y
I would love to see pics, I like the builds where people clean up turds the best. My truck is in the process of being body dropped so my measurements are probably off. Tranny xmembers are easy to make for these trucks, I'm sure you could easily make it fit with the stock floor if you aren't doing a body drop. I'll see if I can find some pics.
maz duh   +1y
A raised trans x member shouldn't raise the tail of the trans up at all. It is just designed to sit flush with the bottom of the rails unlike the stock monster while keeping the mounting position for the transmission the same as it was. If your truck has been stock floor bodied to the pinch the tunnel will be pretty close now but it shouldn't be an issue. If the truck is stock floored to the rocker you will be in for some reworking of the floor to squeeze it all under there.

One option for doing a tunnel lift is to harvest some trans tunnel sheet metal from a bone yard doner truck so you have some extra material on the sides to work with and then build one out of two using the bone yard tin and some of your original floor. This keeps it pretty factory looking and makes things like factory consoles, shifter boots and carpets fit up a little easier too.

I also second the pics request, I love to see these aborted messes get fixed up to cruise the streets again
dragginuts   +1y
thank you very much Ryan that helps me out a lot now i can start working on the center console for it i am working on getting pics but for some reason my e mail on my phone isnt working right or yahoo is really slow but im going to send them again now and see if i get them
dragginuts   +1y
they are not in order from old stuff to new stuff but im sure you can figure it out the first and last pic are the wires i pulled out from under the dash
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo