Page 1 of 4
Off-topic \  Still dead in here?

Still dead in here?

Off-topic General Discussions
views 4077
replies 33
following 20

dragndime   +1y
I just realized SSM was redone the other day, but surprised to see how dead it is here still. I know Facebook and other social media sites have killed forums in general, but I would like to see SSM get some decent traffic again. Any ideas on how to make that happen?
22below   +1y
1. People need to build projects.
2. They need to post them on here
3. People need to comment in the threads
4. That's about it
jaredmxg   +1y
Haha very true. Allot of it is not enough young people getting into it. The majority of the thread are/were posted by younger people. And I would just about say that boils down to fads that come and go. Not necessarily saying all the people that are into it now is because of a fad, But that is most likely the majority of it.
Older (Mid 20s to 30s) people do not have as much time to post things and work on there rides like a younger person does. They also have more responsibilities to deal with.

Saying all that My recommendation is to get more young people into it. And start getting friends on the site.
The major   +1y
people need to start asking questions again and commenting. there is nothing more boring than a thread with one comment.
It would also be nice to see some of the shops that post on facebook daily with their build updates show this site a little love. it's hard to get more people to stop by the site and stay around when the builds only get updated once a month (if we are lucky)
baha   +1y
It feels like it's slowly coming back. I know I have my hands full with the site, I need to make it more accessible from mobile devices.
dragndime   +1y
Can you make a way to quote people again? Makes it a lot easier to know who is talking to who at times.

And I agree about the one comment thing. I went through tons of pages on the forum last night, and saw hundreds of threads with either no comments, or just one. I remember I would get like 20 responses in instantly back in the day.

I have started linking SSM in all the facebook groups I'm a part of. I think one of the main things is, most people just don't know SSM is being redone, and under new ownership. Hopefully that all changes soon.
Deluxe_D100   +1y
I truely hope it all comes back around. I will post some pics of my truck when I get to a descent spot. It's not much to look at but just to add to the flow. I do agree that we need more build posts.
truck action   +1y
This older person is on here daily & as been for quite some time!!
jeebus @ mmw   +1y
The forum needs to work and function like it used to, or atleast like the other forums out there. Its just like a bare bones message board right now.

Still cannot edit your posts or quote people, signatures are gone, ...., ive been back every day since the change has been made, hoping to see some life spark, but everything just seems so basic and plain, i think some people dont realize its changed at all.

I know everything takes time, so i just wait for the forum to look and act like a forum again, and i think it will come back strong, but really it functions and feels like one of the old yahoo message boards right now...

Taylor

Rob Clayhill   +1y
I agree with Taylor, The board is pretty boring looking. The whole site in general is kinda plain and not much to look at...
I check in about once a week to see the changes and Ive noticed a little more activity but it still feels like a ghost town. I feel like it will make a come back, it just takes time and a lot of work.