Page 1 of 1
Street Source Suggestions \  Your Input Wanted - Rules/Mods

Your Input Wanted - Rules/Mods

Street Source Suggestions Street Source
views 395
replies 8
following 9

baha   +1y
This is another thread to get your feedback, and help give Street Source a fresh start! This thread is to discuss posting rules and site moderators.

I'll start with some of my views to get this going.

I've always felt that over moderating a site can really hurt it. I'm not saying that I've seen it here but I've seen many sites get hurt by over moderating. Actually one particular site got me started in web development because I didn't like how moderators were treating users.

With the internet/text based communications it's easy to take something the wrong way and get offended, especially depending on your personality. I feel that people can work things out on their own with out a moderator stepping in but I understand sometimes they have to get involved.

It may have to do with me getting older because it does seem to be a common point of view with every generation. I feel that as a whole we are becoming to soft/lazy. I don't agree with the notion of everyone getting a trophy or degree just for showing up. When I grew up we stood up to bullies instead of saying we were a victim of cyber bullying.

We are all different, not everyone will have the same point of view or personal taste. If you put stuff out there you may get some feedback you didn't want. It shouldn't be taken personally. If you can't handle that, the world is full of people with different point of views. People can always stay on their facebook page and feel loved by their facebook friends where don't say what they feel if it can be seen as negative. I know I would rather get honest feedback. I don't get on facebook, I guess it's just boring to me.

I'll be looking for new moderators, sorry if I didn't see you and you were a moderator before. Fester and Jimbacca I thought were very good and I hope they will be willing to help out again. Also with some established rules it will help moderators enforce them.

Again this is only my point of view and where I'm coming from but I want to know yours too! I keep an open mind.

e10pvmt   +1y
well said...and on the same token people need to learn to give constructive criticism without attacking someone....and those getting the criticism need to not get butt hurt and know the difference...as you have pointed out
jeebus @ mmw   +1y
Im available to moderate if needed. Im usually on the site 10-20 times a day during the regular work day.

I think the site needs moderation, in the sense that someone besides the lone wolf that runs the site, to help maintain it. I do not think the moderators should go around correcting grammar, spelling, starting or stopping arguments. The moderation staff should be around to help keep the site clean, make sure there is no spam, keep someone from posting the same topic 3 times on the home page, and to direct people where to get the best result with their questions in each forum.
nate   +1y
Taylor do you sleep ?
jaredmxg   +1y
Im with Taylor on that one.
jeebus @ mmw   +1y
LOL, yea i typically get 3-5 hours a night. when im not working at night
leydbck   +1y
I agree with Tony and Taylor. Both make great points
bcrunk   +1y
moderators are needed for any site of this size but i agree about people getting butthurt too much. if someone points out a flaw in your work... dont be shocked. this is the interwebs. there are trolls everywhere. i think as long as people keep things such as racism, violence, or actual threats to themselves it should be the mods job to do nothing more than direct traffic and point out bugs... maybe thats just me cause i like to be rude from time to time but i know the difference in constructive criticism and just being an ass...
guiltybydesign   +1y
I think everyones on the same track but id like to add that I think the moderators should be non bias, as difficult as that may be. If you got a moderator that's a part of this club or this shop or this thing theres a chance they'll let something slide from someone from that same club or shop or thing. Or the opposite, they may moderate something that's for the opposition of their club, shop, thing. I know finding someone truly non bias will be next to impossible, but surely theres somebody out there that's been in the scene for 5-10 years??? If not then ill vote Ron Paul for moderator.
Page 1 of 1