Page 1 of 1
Toyota Trucks \  97 Tacoma

97 Tacoma

Toyota Trucks Make Specific
views 1178
replies 6
following 4

groundedbigbody   +1y
Got a question fellas I'm redoing a front setup on a Tacoma and see there are a few guys here that build spindles for them. My question is its got a ball joint flip with a 2500 bag in it now and on a 17" wheel with 215/45/17 and not laying can I just add the spacers under the spindle tO raise the spindle some it's gonna be on a 18" wheel with 215/35/18 and I'm sure that's one inch in diameter smaller than the 215/45/17 are close to it the upper bag mount is a cup could I possibly trim it down looks like the bag is fully compressed when all the way down now just need 3/4 more inches to lay out but with the 18" tire it should lay fine looking for suggestions fellas

Now on to the back are under the cab it's gonna have a 20" wheel out back with pre taco rearend the driveshaft is hitting the gas tank crossmember can I cut that out and beat the floor in a little to clear and do I have to tie it back together
groundedbigbody   +1y
Can anyone give me the size and material you guys make the spacers out of need to know what size and length the grade eight bolts need to be I have no problem making my own just need to know what size and material you guys that do make them are using if it steel pipe are Dom are chromoly
Tacon19s   +1y
The guys that are making spindles for Tacomas are going to tell you its best not to just make spacers for your stock spindles. And theyre right to a certain degree. The geo of the front suspension on a tacoma is very sensitive to change. I dont think I would just add spacers even if you can figure it out.

Assuming your bag brackets are spot on, flip the upper balljoint, lower balljoint and pie-cut the upper arm till it lays. Thats how mine is setup(on 18s). It handles like crap but with some work and knowledge it can be decent. If youre thinking the bracket placement is holding it up, pull the bags out and compress each side with a floor jack to see whats binding.

The full drop spindle setup is the way to go though. Thomas (katfish)makes the best priced spindles out right now and they work good from what I have heard. I ran the BIO spindles for a little while...they are great, but the price isnt.
:WELD:
i8nt2lo   +1y
Hit up Customs by Catfish on here (Tom Dominguez). I had em on my taco and it layed flat frame with no z. He makes em out of blocks of billet steel I believe.
groundedbigbody   +1y
I have talked to katfish and I do agree about the spacers but does anyone one have a picture of the ball joint upper flipped
Mine sits in the upper arm do you just unbolt it pull it out and bolt it to the top of the arm
groundedbigbody   +1y
Ok did a little research looks like this could help me get where I need to be at gorthw list of hardware going pick it up tomorrow and swap it around
ahab   +1y
You can lay a tacoma on a 215-35-18 tire with only flipping the upper and lower ball joints. Dont run a spacer if you dont have to. My 97 tacoma layed on a 20 with the upper ball joint angled and the lower flipped.
Page 1 of 1