Page 1 of 1
Under Construction \  info on body droping a full size gmc on 24s

info on body droping a full size gmc on 24s

Under Construction General Discussions
views 461
replies 3
following 3

chrison4s   +1y
ive got a 2001 gmc looking to body drop it on 24s any info will help im doing a channel body drop... tires size is 255/30/245.3 auto
DalyDrgr   +1y
There was an article on this, but I cant find it. Anyways, its a fairly simple and straightforward procedure. I did mine this way, and although I back-halfed mine, you can just raise the bed floor and keep the stock frame (C-notched of course). Essentially, you cut the floor only above the rails, and a little relief in the tranny tunnel, then cut the mounts and lower the body. Once you get it where you want, and level, re-weld the mounts. Then its just measuring the distance you dropped so you can cut the frame horns and lower them the same distance.

Those tires wont be an issue to keep under a stock hood, although you obviously will need to tub the firewall a bit. You will have to relocate the wiring harness a bit to not hit the wheels, and running a hydroboost is always a good option when doing this, it not only gives you alot more room under the hood, but better braking overall.
chrison4s   +1y
that booster can i use one off a astro van will it mount wright up... do you have any build pix off yours
sittin_so_low   +1y
gmfullsize.com
check it out theres a dude whos doing one, same bodystyle..under projects
Page 1 of 1