Page 1 of 1
Photography \  New Camera!!

New Camera!!

Photography Q & A
views 1244
replies 5
following 5

mazrod   +1y
I finally broke down and bought a Nikon 3100 after a fews years. I posted here last year on a subject "camera and shots" I just started messing aroud with the camera and when I took it to a buddy and had him explain some stuff to me shutter speed, iso, apature. Im still confused as hell. He told me to stick to just using auto mode. I was skimming through some photos on the photo forum and and thought to myself, "surely these pics are not from just using auto mode, on still shots" So I have been using auto mode and have everything adjusted right and for some reason my pics still look like shit. what modes are you guys shooting in any pointers? Ive also read the manual, and its still not making sense on shutter speed, iso, and apature. Im really enjoying the camera, I just want my pics to turn out better.
layedoutnissan   +1y
I shoot almsot everything in auto mode. The only time I change things is when I am going for a specific look or shooting rolling shots.
artsar   +1y
I recently got a Nikon D5100 and I just shoot in auto and edit in photoshop. I find it easier that way.
BabyYouWish   +1y
I guarantee 99.9% of show coverage is shot on Auto mode.

Good photography has very little do with equipment, its about angles and lighting. You could have a $40k Hasselblad and still take shitty pictures. This is why I tell most people to just buy a point and shoot.
mazrod   +1y
So what exactly will i edit in the picture when im able to get a camera program? or can i just develop them at like Walmart or CVS, etc.....also when the photographers take feature pics are they using auto mode ?
onelowmini   +1y
Edited: 4/8/2012 2:41:34 AM by onelowmini

A 200 dollar camera will do the same thing as 5 thousand dollar camera if you are shooting on auto. See if there is a photo store in your area they may offer classes or your local community college. You can do a shit ton with your dslr if you know how to use it. Good luck with everything they are a ton of fun.
Page 1 of 1