Page 2 of 2
Hydraulic Suspensions \  Hydro gurus need your help

Hydro gurus need your help

Hydraulic Suspensions Q & A
views 1723
replies 13
following 9

AON-4PumpedCL   +1y

If you are still a little worried, I would suggest the following for your emergency kit:

-15' hose
-crescent wrench
-spare set of cylinder seals
-spare set of dump seals
-small flat head screw driver
-vice grips
-zip ties
-quart of oil aw32
-rags
-latex gloves
tre5   +1y
That car has been juiced for a while now, so I'd say you're very safe buying it and not having issues. The only maintenance I have heard of Ricky ever doing was the seals. I carry the seals for those cylinders if you ever need any.
As far as a road trip box to carry in your car I would get a small tool box and carry open ended wrenches in sizes 10mm, 1/2", 13mm, 9/16, 11/16, and 3/4. In addition to that I would carry a large (large enough to fit the end of accumulator) and a medium sized crescent wrench, phillips and flat head screw drivers, wire cutter/ crimper, wire connectors, spare sets of seals (hell even a spare 8" cylinder), a 15' hose and a 4' hose, a test light and a spare solenoid, and lastly the needed tools to remove the cylinders... probably a 17mm socket and open end and a 14mm socket. All that will fit into one of those small tool boxes and be easily handled.

All that being said.... you are more likely to use your jack and tire wrench to change your tire than anything on the hydraulic setup. Good luck on your purchase. That car is awesome and I know Ricky took really good care of it.
neil12011   +1y
Awesome, thanks for the replies. Jeremy, I will definitely carry those items just in case. I would say you're right about the tire changing thing, but the setup is in the spare tire well. Ricky mentioned that the side to side motion could break a sway bar? I would NEVER have a use for side to side, how hard would it be to re-wire on of the side to side switches for all up/all down? Thanks for all the help folks, I mean that.
tre5   +1y
With a 2-6 setup a pancake down switch would be a bit more work to wire because there are not enough prongs on the switch to engage all the wires needed to dump the whole car. I would recommend just using two fingers, lol.

Sorry I didn't reply sooner, I was on vacation with the wife.