Page 1 of 2
Under Construction \  need help with a panhard bar

need help with a panhard bar

Under Construction General Discussions
views 1532
replies 16
following 11

mason.b2000   +1y
Does anyone know how to set up a panhard bar on an air ride setup so it doesnt pull the axle to the side when raising or lowering my truck? thanks.
Marcos_65   +1y
Get a watts link.
mason.b2000   +1y
I looked at those but i could build a pan hard for a lot cheaper. Im already running a 3 link, which seems to work fine, it just has too much side to side play.
i8nt2lo   +1y
As far as I know, the longer the panhard, the less lateral movement, but I'm no genius.
unusualfabrication   +1y
"Does anyone know how to set up a panhard bar on an air ride setup so it doesnt pull the axle to the side when raising or lowering my truck? thanks."

Not going to happen...... Panhard bars swing in an arc so the best you can do is make it as long as possible and set it up to split the difference that it swings. If you setup the panhard bar parallel to the rearend (centered in the frame rails at half travel) the axle will be shifted when layed out, centered at half travel, and then shifted when locked out. This is typically how I setup panhard bars when I use them.
phat phabrikationz   +1y
Running a panhard on a 3 link(assuming wish bone) isn't a good idea. This will bind up
mason.b2000   +1y
Alright, thanks for all the info. especially chris.
Jake it is a wishbone thats off set, would anyone reccommend maybe making it a 5 link with rear lift bars? this is my first build so any info you guys can give helps.
unusualfabrication   +1y
I assumed that you were running a standard 3-link not a wishbone 3-link. If your running a wishbone 3-link you shouldn't need a lateral locating device (panhard bar, watts link, jacobs ladder) if your wisbone is wide enough. Do you have any pictures of the setup your running?
mason.b2000   +1y
the wishbone really isnt wide at all, i was originally going to leave my gas tank in the stock position, which is why its built the way it is.