threads
Page 3 of 3
Chevy/GMC Trucks \  88-98 chevy/gmc 1500 rear end swap a few inches shorter (what did you use)

88-98 chevy/gmc 1500 rear end swap a few inches shorter (what did you use)

Chevy/GMC Trucks Make Specific
views 40396
replies 25
following 14

4DOORWHORE   +1y
--------------------------------------------

MOBNSIC said:

i have a 95GMC boddied on 24"s and i used a 73-87 chevy truck rear end if thats any help[/quote

how many inches wide is it - wheel mount to wheel mount drum to drum
1LOWOBS   +1y
I have a 98 C1500 2wd and plan on a swapping my rear axle for a 6 lug conversion and found a rear axle that came off of a 73-87 chevy truck. What problems could I come across when doing this swap?
Oldschool   +1y
Hey big perm I have a 91 gmc pickup. I wanna put a 383 with a t5 trans and some big micky Thompson 15x12.5 tires under read end is there a rear end you know of that I can swap without lots and lots of changes. I'm wondering if I will need to.do my frame rails too? I no ill have to tub it. It's a short wide box.not a step side! Sure would be good if you could give me some advice..Doug at douglasmullen@ymail.com thanks man you wouldn't happen to be in the Pacific Northwest would you bro.
Oj557   +1y
Hello ,

If I’m going to swap to caprice/ impala rear end it would be 5.5 bolt pattern and how about the front hubs or bearing how to convert it to a 5 lug instead a 6 lug ?
Oj557   +1y
Hello ,

If I’m going to swap to caprice/ impala rear end it would be 5.5 bolt pattern and how about the front hubs or bearing how to convert it to a 5 lug instead a 6 lug ?