Page 1 of 1
Foreign Cars (honda, etc) \  just want some input

just want some input

Foreign Cars (honda, etc) General Discussions
views 1115
replies 3
following 2

tukn18saccord   +1y
ok on my 2000 accord im thinking of doing bags now. but heres the kicker. ive done all my homework and figured out how to do this. but with out giving alot away i plan on bagging it like a framed car or truck. not over the cotrol arms like most people. ok heres the thing and i do need input. im going to use all 1/4 inch steel to reinforce the inner fender well to mount all my bag brackets to and im going to run a 1/4 pipe brace from the top of the bracket to my factory mount to stop any flex in the braced area. question being do you guys think it will work due to the small bit of info i have gave out. i still need to come up with the money to purchase bags and steel but i plan on starting soon.
Syk96Rngr   +1y
I had a civic on air and when I was going to do the bags on it we were going to cut some of the strut mounts out and run braces across the bay and to the firewall to install the bags. As far as bracing in the wheel well im not sure that will work. on 14" wheels i was rubbing my inner fender on cylinders ( Bags are going to be lower) so you will need to cut the wheel well out. in the rear on my 16" wheels with a 205/40.16 i couldnt move layed out without doing some sort of tubs so sounds like reinforcing with tubing in the wells is going to cause problems for driving.
tukn18saccord   +1y
you bring up a good point, my civic was the same way on 17s, but i have 6 inches before i hit the fender wells right now in front and back (i know shocking to me too)and im on cylinders so that wont be a problem im on 18s with 35s. im going to do a mock up before any welding starts. this will still be my daily driver so i have to be real carefull about what i do. tube frame is still on the table just tryin to save some fender well so the water stays off my motor, also time is a factor cause like i said it is my daily driver. i know one thing i want it as low as i can go, body or real close.
Syk96Rngr   +1y
If you wanna body do like a few friends have done and raise the strut towers. Alot easier than bagging with tube frame imho.
Page 1 of 1