Page 1 of 3
Under Construction \  4 link and bags

4 link and bags

Under Construction General Discussions
views 1656
replies 23
following 7

93fullsize   +1y
Hey guys, Im pretty new to the site and it seems like there is alot of good info on here. I have a 93 full size chevy and I want to bag it soon and I was thinking of going with a triagulated 4 link. The truck was bagged before but the previous owner took all the leafs out except one and mounted the bags straight the the axle. BTW, it has a pretty decent box notch. The prob is the bag brackets were not installed properly and the bags rubbed against the frame so as you can guess, the rubbed holes and leaked. Whats the best route to go and is the triangulated the way to go?? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
unusualfabrication   +1y
Well there's tons of different options for you to choose from. I like the triangulated 4-link personally, you could go that route and do a bag on bar setup (super lift 4-link). If you wanted to keep the bag over the axle you still do a triangulated 4-link but with a bridge kit to mount the bags. Like I said, lots of options but take alook around my website and see if anything strikes your fancy.
slammedxonair   +1y
Yea there are lots of different options available. Are you looking for a weld on or bolt on kit?
93fullsize   +1y
Chris,
Thanks, I will take a look.

Brian,
Weld on would work for me.

Someone told me to do bushings on one end and heims on the other. I would like to mount the bags to the arms so I can get max lift. Plus I heard the ride is better?
unusualfabrication   +1y
Unless your looking to hit some major sides or 3-wheel action you'll be fine with poly on all the ends or some super pivot ends. By the time you buy a quality heim joint, and spacers to get the max travel out of them, you'll spend as much or more than super pivots. By doing a lever setup (bag on bar) you'll get more lift and a better ride depending on how far up the lever (link bar) you move the bag.
93fullsize   +1y
The only reason I want bag on link is for ride. High sides and 3
wheel would be cool though. Do you have a weld on kit?
unusualfabrication   +1y
I do have a weld on universal kit http://www.unusualfabrication.com/index_files/linksystems.html. If you were interested I just need to know the lenght of the bars you would like and the axle tube diameter.
93fullsize   +1y
--------------------------------------------

UnusualFabrication said:

I do have a weld on universal kit http://www.unusualfabrication.com/index_files/linksystems.html. If you were interested I just need to know the lenght of the bars you would like and the axle tube diameter.

--------------------------------------------

I like the bar on bag 4 link kit. Thats perfect! Gimmie about 2 weeks and ill order it. Thanks.
BK2LIFE   +1y
maybe post some pics of the install you have now. this way instead of buying new stuff, maybe yours is in good working order and you can add onto what you have.

the bags are installed incorrectly and rub the frame, so get new brackets and move the bags.

four links are easy to install, provided some of the factory brackets haven't been cut off the truck.

post pics and its easier to help you with seeing what you have to work with
unusualfabrication   +1y
He's going to need new stuff anyways because the truck is rockin' a mono leaf rear with the bags on the axle and he wants to run a triagulated 4-link with the bags on the bars. I'm not really sure what he'd be able to save since he said his bags are leaking (rubbed though) and he wants to move them to the bars so the old mounts will get cut off anyways.