threads
Page 1 of 1
Ford Trucks \  Swapping f250 front end to f650 front end HELP?

Swapping f250 front end to f650 front end HELP?

Ford Trucks Make Specific
views 3104
replies 4
following 4

LayNlowChevada   +1y
I am looking to swap out my f250 front end for the f650 front nose. I have heard a bunch of things in reguards to. Some which I know to be out right wrong and others I can't say for sure are right. The main question I am not sure on is that the body has to be lifted 6"s. I know it is strictly for clearance but is it for motor or wheel clearance? The 250 nose comes straight out while the 650 slopes down. So I am thinking the motor (7.3) will be the issue at hand? I am not a big fan of body lifts however I am a big fan of the 650 front end. So what must be done will be done. I just really would love to hear what I am getting into from some one that knows from experience.

My Truck

F650 swap
tuckinlugs06   +1y
are you doing the front only or the bed also ...id say just get the front clip and see if it fits...the lower pic dosnt show a bodylift
rat49f6   +1y
id bet the issue might be clearance between the 650 hood and the alt and ac comp
LayNlowChevada   +1y
--------------------------------------------

TuckingLugs05 said:

are you doing the front only or the bed also ...id say just get the front clip and see if it fits...the lower pic dosnt show a bodylift

--------------------------------------------

I am doing the f650 front swap along with the dually bed. The bed is the easy part, I have everything to add the fenders to mine. I am trying to locate a complete front clip so I have everything right there in front of me and can make it work. The hardest part at this time is getting a used front end. I am about to give in and go to ford parts and get creamed by them for one.
Lockone   +1y
Give a company call Glenn's Auto parts in Harriman, TN a call and see if they have a the front clip you need. They are a wrecker/big truck salvage yard and have tons of parts.

As for fitment, we have never put one on a F350 or F250 but we have replaced the one on our F650 several times. I can get you any measurements you may need off our if you would like.
Page 1 of 1