Page 1 of 1
Isuzu \  Space Cab

Space Cab

Isuzu Make Specific
views 729
replies 9
following 7

lowlifej   +1y
I have a 92 Space Cab 2.6 auto in the process of bagging and body droping it, do you have to z the frame in order to lay true frame? Any help would be great.

Thanks Jeremy
92zuzuman   +1y
No, remove the radius arms from the LCAs channel the LCAs out to give yourself more bag room, and triangulate them with some bar ends. Mines body dropped to the rocker with no z on 2" spindles. I dont remember if the upper balljoint will be ok, im not running stock UCAs, and its been a while since i worked on the front end, theres a lot of guys here that can tell you about the uppers.
lowlifej   +1y
How much of a body drop did u do? What kind of uppers are you running just got some candos in.
sponge splawn   +1y
Hey Jeremy. Part of your answer is going to be based on what size wheels you want to run. I did a 2 1/5 traditional with a 2 inch z to the front clip and spindles to lay rocker on 22's. Remember that the lowest part of the 2.6 motruck is the oil pan. By z-ing the frame, the motor goes up, so it saves you from having to section the pan or raise the motor mounts. Good luck, Sponge. :SP:
lowlifej   +1y
Well im running a set of 20/8s with stock fenders, so we narrowed the the front clip 3 inches. The stock motor is shot so ill be either running a 350 or gm v6. The prob tht i have unless ive messured wrong is the front x member is an inch lower then the frame weve already bodied the cab 2.5 inches so im afraid ill be nose up by an inch. This is the 1st isuzu weve done and dont really wana f it up so tryin to get as much good info as possible. Thanks
nc dragger   +1y
jeremy .......you gonna have this at layd out ? and i cant wait to see it bro.
dwatkins   +1y
I bagged and bodied to pinches a space cab with a 2.6l in it and it was set to lay on 20s I believe a 26" tire. I z'd the front two inches, notched and plated my lower arms,Deleted the trailing arms, flipped the uppers and was running stock spindles. 2x3 box frame from firewall back so it was stock floored but I had to raise the tranny hump an inch and a half. I would z the front not only to clear your problem with the crossmember but to make it lay alot easier too cause even with my 2" z and the uppers flipped the upper balljoint was really close to binding again then I would have had to build uppers or pie cut the stock ones. Plus I always heard the drop spindles push the wheels out and make it a nightmare with stock fenders so the 2" z sort of takes place of the 2" spindles. Just my opinion though. Good luck and post pics.
lowlifej   +1y
Thanks Daniel i got some pics of the narrowed front clip, body drop, wheels ext. Dj idk if it will make layed out prob just have th C10 there i wanna have both of them at at showfest or thats the plan atleast.lol
dragaholic   +1y
thanks for the help guys. I guess ill step back and punt and z the front. it never even crossed my mind because my research did not have much info on it. Its all good we will z it 2 inches and redrop the core support and call it a day. dj we WILL have it a showfest one way or another! may see a frame at laid out if jeremy will let it out.
nc dragger   +1y
sweet deal guys .im sure its gonna be kick ass I will be looking for it.

justin you have a IM :)
Page 1 of 1