Page 1 of 3
Under Construction \  C10 BackHalf Build-Up

C10 BackHalf Build-Up

Under Construction General Discussions
views 3422
replies 25
following 12

DisseveredCustoms   +1y
Well for my first customer build I am doing a Backhalf for a 67-72 C-10 Long bed. I am replacing the backhalf from the front bed mounts back. I am keeping the customers 4-link, Fuel-cell,and sway-bar but making a few mods here and there. The back-half will be an air-tank and all cross members will be 1 5/8 tubing. Well on witht the pics

here is what i started with

Built both frame rails in a quick gig so they will match.

Here is all the parts going in.

Had to do some modifcations to the frame rails to keep it under the already raised bed floor.

Here the work i got done today

Here the upper link bars mocked in place.

josh   +1y
looking way better already

josh
smctoy   +1y
looks awesome!
DisseveredCustoms   +1y
Got a little progress today. The first two pics are of the machined bungs that I am using for the fuel cell mounts. They will fill the holes in the back of the frame. The last pic is of my progress today..I got the bag cups drilled and welded together, the upper link bar crossmember and tabs tacked in, and the driveshaft hoop and two small bars mocked in place.

post photo
post photo
post photo
DisseveredCustoms   +1y
Just worked on it tonight for a few hours after work. Got the bag cups welds cleaned up and got the small connecting bars tacked in. Then got the back cup bar mocked in place. The back cup bar will have a bung welded to it on the end for the upper shock mounts.

post photo
slamroc   +1y
looks great, but how much lift is that driveshaft loop going to allow?
DisseveredCustoms   +1y
--------------------------------------------

slamroc said:

There will be 4 more peices of tubing connecting it all together. Two peices will come off the lower 4-link mounting points and meet the upper 4-link bar. And two more bars will come off the bag cup and come down to the frame.
DisseveredCustoms   +1y
Got a little work done tonight. Had some friends stop by the shop so did'nt get much done...LOL...Any way got the other bag cup to shock mount bar in, and got one of the lower 4-link mounting bar and tabs tacked in... U can kind of get a ruff idea how it will look finished now. The bar that mounts the upper 4-link bar will be cut out between the driveshaft hoop and some machined pieces will cap the holes...Any way on with the pics.

DisseveredCustoms   +1y

Still have some more tubing to add to the bag cups, then I can move on to the sway bar and fuel cell mounts, hopefully can get a ton done sunday and monday since im off work... let me know what u guys think so far please...!!!
post photo
post photo
balcar   +1y

slamroc said:

I'm still wondering this... Looks like good work though