threads
Page 3 of 3
Chevy/GMC Trucks \  s10 pass lock system?

s10 pass lock system?

Chevy/GMC Trucks Make Specific
views 30774
replies 28
following 12

Slappy Mc Nasty   +1y
just parking the truck souldnt have these problems. once the pass-lock has been "re-learned" it will retain it even if the battery is removed. when you turn the key, do you hear the fuel pump kick on? that 3-5 second humm? if your not hearing that humm, its the fuel pump but if you do hear it and it fires but dies, its the injectors being shut off because the computer is 'THINKING" its being stolen.
jspotmcd   +1y
Nope, the fuel pump does not make a noise. I called the Chevy Dealer and talked to their service tech. He told me that if the pump wasn't an OEM replacement (which it isn't) that the off brand fuel pumps are notorious for going bad, even just sitting. Such a pain in the A$$, now I have to remove the bed and replace the pump (again)..
Slappy Mc Nasty   +1y
thats horseshit man, sorry to hear it.
jspotmcd   +1y
yea I know, tell me about it..so a new pump it is.. Thanks a lot for your help on this, SLAPPY, appreciate it.
laidoutvideo   +1y
Edited: 3/27/2012 5:16:06 PM by laidoutvideo

gotta love passlock and fuel pumps lol
mazberrydelight   +1y
does anyone know if i the gm fullsizes can "relearn" like the s10's? because it sounds like i have the exact same issue with my dually and its driving me nuts. full pumps working but thees no fuel being sent to the injectors
mazdog93   +1y
Edited: 3/28/2012 11:35:31 AM by mazdog93

Guys i had this same problem on a 98 fullsize chevy, what i did was find the passlock module, for me it was in the steering column, there are some wires to look for, really small gauge black, yellow, and red/white. Now mine does not have the chip in the key or anything like that. But i stripped the black(GND)wire, not cutting it but just stripping some of the insulation off, and the yellow wire i cut. Got a meter that will read ohms, and placed it on the yellow wire going back towards the ignition, and the black wire and tried to start the truck and made a note of this value. You will need to put a resistor in there that matches your passlock module. Mine happen to be 2.2 k which is a red, red, red, gold resistor. So i soldered one end to the yellow that goes in to the dash, and the other end was twisted around the stripped part of the ground and soldered. Did the 10 minute relearn process, where you try to start then let sit for 10 minutes or until the Security light goes off, then turn back off count to 5 then try to start again, should work for you. The only problems that i have run into with this is on very humid days it might give a problem, but West Texas that is very rare. I believe this to be that o could have gotten closer on the resistance but 2.2k is what i had. This worked for me, but i make no promises, also a good thing is to look up "gm passlock" on Google there is alot of info out there. Hope this helps someone!! Just an FYI this was happen for about a year to me, i thought it was fuel pump, never replaced it, then one time i replaced the fuel filter and it worked, so i thought it was that, then i could not get it started for almost a whole day, had a buddy bring a trailer, took to Autozone to see if it was throwing any codes, none were present, ended up changing the o2 sensor and some throtle control module while it was on trailer, still no start, then had the codes ran again, no codes, asked the Autozone guy to try and start it, started right up, i was pissed. So there is alot things people will tell that they think it is but this what has worked for me. When the passlock is active, it shuts off the fuel to the rails in my truck, therefore making you think it is a fuel problem, but it was not. Again i hope this helps!!
mazberrydelight   +1y
thank you slappy and RLSN PSI, the links you both provided were exactly what i needed . turns out my computer was thinking my truck was being stolen bacause i had unlplugged the steering column when i dd my motor swap , thanks again