threads
Page 2 of 3
Chevy/GMC Trucks \  s10 pass lock system?

s10 pass lock system?

Chevy/GMC Trucks Make Specific
views 30770
replies 28
following 12

jspotmcd   +1y
lowazzmaz - Thanks for the help man.. I'm going to try that the next day I'm off.. Laidoutvideo - Text sent.. I'll Keep y'all posted
rangerover8586   +1y
my 98 did the same thing i tried having dealer reflash and everythign ended up haveing to put a new computer in it after i had already put in a new $300 fuel pump and countless hours trying to figure it out
jspotmcd   +1y
So lowazzmaz you were right. Removing the negative cable, turning the ignition to ON and reconnecting the negative cable, cleared the Security light, but as soon as I turn the Key to crank the motor the Security light comes right back on and kills the fuel system. Back to square one.

rangerover8586 you say you just bought a new computer and solved the issue? might have to look into that. You just have to find one with a matching VIN correct?

Laidoutvideo mentioned to have the Passlock removed from the PCM, also going to look into that.

Going at it full bore tomorrow, so hopefully I will be successful.

Again I appreciate the Help fellas!
jspotmcd   +1y
Ok so I sent my PCM out to Wait4meperformance to have them remove the Passlock feature and give it a little performance tune.. Big thanks to LaidOutVideo for helping me out on this!!
laidoutvideo   +1y
No problem man. I know first hand how frustrating it can be. Let me know when u get ur PCM back.
jspotmcd   +1y
Ok, so I literally just solved MY problem.. a new fuel pump was the issue.. so with the new pump installed, my dime fired right up on the 2nd crank!!! Soo Stoked right now!!!
lowkid37   +1y
Ok I have literally tried all of these and nothing is working. Mine starts and runs for about 2 seconds then dies. Myself and a few other people have tried everything we can think of. Any ideas?? Please HELP lol
lowkid37   +1y
Bump.
jspotmcd   +1y
Maybe send your Computer to Wait For Me Performance.. it cost me $88, if you have tried everything else and you are sure your grounds are all good, and in my case your fuel pump is working correctly, drop him a line. Double, triple check ALL of your fuses. If you send your computer tell him you want to delete the passlock. Hope this helps, keep us posted.
jspotmcd   +1y
Welp, back at it.. and guess what.. my truck wont start, AGAIN. The last time I went through this I had to replace the fuel pump, so my question now is, can a fuel pump go bad just from sitting?? the last time I started the truck was January, every thing was good, cranked fine. Removed the battery for some work and kept it out, threw it in today and, NO-GO. I shouldn't have to replace the fuel pump every time should I? seems ridiculous. going through the Pass Lock Re-learn right now, hope that solves it.