threads
Page 1 of 3
Chevy/GMC Trucks \  s10 pass lock system?

s10 pass lock system?

Chevy/GMC Trucks Make Specific
views 30676
replies 28
following 12

slammed89s10   +1y
i bought a 98 s10 for a beater was havin trouble getting it to start. I replaced the fuelpump and nothing it still doesnt work.... i was told about the passlock security system might be causing this? anyone know about this....it has me beyond fucking frustrated to the point of wanting to just sendt the truck to the junkyard.
Slappy Mc Nasty   +1y

hey man, i had this happen to my project and it pissed me off to no end. try and see if this works for you. its time consuming but it did end up working out perfectly after a few times. *FOLLOW THEM EXACTLY*&nbsp;1. First, insert the ignition key andturn the ignition switch to the&#8220;On&#8221; position (Do not start theengine). Leave the switch on for11 minutes. The security lightmay flash or be on steady duringthis 11 minute period. Make surethe light is no longer on orflashing before proceeding to #2 .2. Turn the ignition switch off for 30seconds.3. Turn the ignition switch to the&#8220;On&#8221; position (as in step #1) for11 minutes again.4. Turn the ignition switch off foranother 30 seconds.5. Turn the ignition switch to the&#8220;On&#8221; position for 11 minutes athird time.6. Turn the ignition switch off for 30seconds one final time.7. Turn the ignition switch to the&#8220;On&#8221; position one final time andwait 30 seconds.8. Attempt to start the engine.If the engine starts and runsnormally, the relearn iscomplete.&nbsp;*OR*&nbsp;GM PASS LOCK RELEARN- Ignition to "run" position, try to start and let key return to "run" position Approx ten minutes security light will go off Turn key "off" and wait 5 seconds Repeat 2 more times for a total of 3 relearns. Turn key off, then start it If this doesnt work, we need to test the crank sensor, they are cheap about 20.00 bucks, but if there is no crank signal, injectors are dissabled, gas prayed into the throttle body will bypass injectors, so gas is getting to the clyinders that way...<!-- google_ad_section_end --><!-- / message --><!-- google_ad_section_start( weight="ignore)" -->&nbsp;*OR*GM PASS LOCK RELEARN- Ignition to "run" position, try to start and let key return to "run" position Approx ten minutes security light will go off Turn key "off" and wait 5 seconds after turning the key off, the SECURITY light went off, YEAH....Repeat 2 more times for a total of 3 relearns. Turn key off, then start it........................................
slammed89s10   +1y
damn dud.......you are the man.....ill try this tomorrow after work. thanks alot!
HollywoodFMX   +1y
its funny i stumbled across this cuz im kinda havin the same damn issue... ive gone thru all the fuses and relays, even the four relays stashed under the dash that isnt even in the manual... ive replaced the ignition switch(wiring, not the key and tumblers), and gone thru a lot of wiring checks... after taking the four relays under the dash out and checking them one at a time, i put the last one back in and i started the truck up and everything was working great... i put the dash back together and and went to start it and absolutly nothing! it was back to square one for me. im down to thinking that its the security thing but my security light isnt on. that or its a wire shorting out somewhere under the dash, and got fixed when i moved the relay panel and shorted out again when i moved it back... cuz one of those relays was clicking on as soon as i plugged it in and got pretty hot just from being plugged in... it wasnt labeled so i dont know wat its for.... and wiring really sux when your color blind!!! ill deffinetly give that relearn thing a try!
jspotmcd   +1y
This thread is exactly one year old today, and im having the same problem, only a little different.

Last time I worked on my S10 was about 4 months ago. 4 months ago the truck started fine, no problems. So today I go to work on my truck, and my battery has died, so I went and got it charged.

Just put it in and tried to start my S10. It just cranks fine just doesn't start and the Security Light just stays "ON", no flashing, just ON.. and t has been on for the last 45 minutes.

Ive done the relearn procedure before and it works like a charm, just in this case my SECURITY light will not go out.. i don't know what to do. I just pulled out the tumbler all the contacts look good, reinstalled it and the truck has been ON for 25 minutes and the Security light is still lit??

Any thoughts on this??
laidoutvideo   +1y
just get the passlock removed. that's what i did.
jspotmcd   +1y
How did you go about removing the passlock?
jspotmcd   +1y
Bump.. anybody else have some input on this issue?? Super Frustrated right now..
lowazzmaz   +1y
when I worked at a car audio shop we called the dealer on one and they said to just pull the neg. off the battery turn the key to run and put the negative back on. It would work almost every time.
laidoutvideo   +1y
if you want to know how to remove passlock text me. 661-205-7336. dont have time to type it all out on here right now.