Page 1 of 2
Under Construction \  Layin 20s with AC... Guilty By Design style

Layin 20s with AC... Guilty By Design style

Under Construction General Discussions
views 1239
replies 10
following 9

guiltybydesign   +1y
Just finished up this s10 and have been getting alot of questions about how i did the AC system, so i figured more people may wanna see another way to do it.

Started with a bagged truck with stock arms and all components in stock location.

Ive seen a few setups that allow the ac to still work but ive heard they werent nearly as affective as stock. Seems even tho the motor can still move the same amount of air it doesnt contact as much of the chiller thereby not cooling the air as well. I knew i needed to increase the surface area the air flows through the chiller but by having the motor in the way it drasticly limited me. So what i did was flip the fan cage on the blower motor shaft so the motor now blows instead of sucks, then i mounted it on the inside where the fresh/recirc vent was.

With that out of the way i could make the box as big as possible.

This got me nearly 1/2 the chiller having air moving over it, most other boxes ive seen only have about 1/4 so im thinking this will be the key to making it feel stock. After that i relocated he computer, fuse block, cruise control, installed a smaller booster and SD uppers and lowers. Then i made some inner tubs and my own no notch tie rods.

Hopefully if someone is out there right now scratching their head this may help. It should work about the same on 22s or even a bodydrop on 18s.
frankie   +1y

that shit looks nice kyle!... is that old kennys truck?

smctoy   +1y

looks great

guiltybydesign   +1y

Its Kennys alright. Dont think he will like you calling him old tho....
DisseveredCustoms   +1y

wow great idea man....good tech post
minitrucker82   +1y

what kind of tie rods did you use? Im lookin to do the same on my dime.
IMLOWER   +1y

very nice  i  think im gonna have to try it this way  on an s10 im doing next week
idrgbdy   +1y
badass! looks so clean!
reallybigbellyboy   +1y
Very cool setup, great Idea.
layin98   +1y

this is a great thread!!!! thanks kyle!