threads
Page 2 of 3
Interior \  What's the best upholstery glue?

What's the best upholstery glue?

Interior Q & A
views 10588
replies 22
following 16

CLNSHVNnDRAGGN   +1y
The only spray can glue I've used that was any good is called Tac-It and it's sold at fabric stores.  Not as good as Weldwood but still holds up pretty good even in the hot Arizona summers.
Jance Customs   +1y

Thanks again for the info! I will probably just end up getting the Weldwood. My headliner has a few small areas that are coming off already with the 3M glue, so hopefully once summer gets here it won't fall, but I bet it does...
draggin95niss   +1y

weldwood is what we use for covering boxes an panels etc. and i shoot it out of the cheapest harbor frieght or cheaper gun....weve used some stuf from trc out of a can an it sux balls like most cans do...
slammedcivicsi   +1y
DAP ! i used this, and I bought it from my upholstry guy.
installguy   +1y

Just use the weldwood, it is the only thing we use at our shop, for leather, viynl, carpet, formica, anything, it will hold and not be affected by the elements inside your vehicle. Alot ot the can stuff will release in the humidity of the summer on the heat!!! Thats my 2 cents anyway...
Jance Customs   +1y

Thanks everyone for your replies! Is there any major difference between the different kinds of Weldwood glue?  
post photo
post photo
pumpedup92   +1y

We only use the weldwood top and trim for everything at my upholstery shop!  The green shits the shit!
Jance Customs   +1y

The green stuff says that: Not recommended for tile, vinyl, or urethane backed carpets. How well does this stuff spray out of a gun? It looks like it would be a thicker type of glue? I will be using it on suede, vinyl and leather and glueing it to metal and a plastic headliner board. Thanks!
Slappy Mc Nasty   +1y

i bought the light blue can and i have to say its like a sprayable concrete man. will not let loose. used it on my 7' headliner in my build and its not ever going to release. spray both surfaces,using a walmart cheapy-gun, let it slightly tack-up and its married until death. wont go back to anything else. the smell/fumes are intense but well worth it in the end
maz2low   +1y

I use Wilsonart glue kinda expensive but holds great on curved surfaces. http://www.wilsonartadhesives.com/