Page 1 of 2
Build-Ups \  Diggin Dixie Monster Truck

Diggin Dixie Monster Truck

Build-Ups General Discussions
views 6542
replies 12
following 7

diggindixie   +1y
Hi!, My name is David Hood and I currently been living in Altamonte Springs for about 16 years now. I am 28 years old and been planning on building my custom Diggin Dixie monster truck for about 3 years now. I finally started the build of my truck about a year ago. I contacted Ken Wing at Ken's Tuff Trux to aide me in the building of my monster truck. This truck started out as a daily driver 2006 F250 6.0L Diesel 4x4 long-bed pickup. The process started about a year ago where I decided to build a custom straight frame for the truck. The frame is constructed out of boxed steel (4" X 3" ). I then built a complete subframe out of DOM tubing to support the truck and also to house the transfer case and also to connect the link suspension. The truck suspension is a 3-link design/wishbone setup. The wishbone is built out of 2.5" DOM tubing and the straight link bars are made out of 2.5" DOM tubing. The transfer case that the truck is running is a Super drop SCS Monster Truck case which you can find running in all of the major monster trucks. All of the rod ends are Chromalloy heim joints. The axles are CASE Planetary Axles out of a loader that have been custom braced with waterjet steel that allow the link bars to connect to the housing. The shocks holding up the truck are 3.0" King Custom built shocks with a 3.5" Spring. Also, running a 2.5" Custom built Air shock on all 4 corners to handle the compression of the suspension. The front steering is made up of 2 single hydraulic rams that allow the front to turn right to left with ease. As of right now, the body is currently mounted on the frame with custom built body mounts. Future plans for the truck will include the following:• Custom built 24V Twin Turbo Cummins Diesel motor producing around 1400hp with 2200 ft/lbs of torque. Motor is comprised of two custom built turbos from Industrial Injection: (Phat Bastard and a silver bullet). The motor also contains a CR,Head Full, Port ZZ Fab intake( A custom sheet metal intake that connects to the head allow individual spray nozzles to connect for direct nitrous). Dual CP3 Pump kit) Motor is being built by Southern Diesel Performance and Repair in Longwood, Fl• Custom built ATS fully billet tranny with a 5-disc torque converter• Full Roll cage that ties into the frame for added safety• Custom built Industrial Injection Intercooler with a spray bar• Custom built radiator to be mounted in the bed along with tranny coolers• Complete aluminum oil pan custom built• All aluminum custom built fuel cell to be mounted in the bed• 10" Custom built stacks• 250 shot of nitrous with custom twin bottle mounting inside of the cab• Custom made steel wheels (34" X 18"W)• 74" R2 Tractor Tires• Custom made drop steps that fold up and down by actuators and this can be done by the press of single button• Full custom interior, including 4-Pioneer 12" Subs mounted behind rear bench seat• Full custom built door pods containing Pioneer 6" and 4" component speakers• 11 7" Monitors to be mounted in the cab, 2 per doors, 2 back headrest of the front seats and one in the dash• 1 14" Fold down monitor mounted in the roof• Strobes lights for headlights, taillights, and underneath the truck to accent the suspension as well as Blue and White neon to accent the trucks complete powder coated suspension, axles, wheels, etc..• Full custom wrap for the entire truck• Key note, truck stands 11' to the top on transport tires. The truck will be 13' 6" on the 74" R2 Tractor Tires without adjusting the shocks.The truck is currently titled Diggin Dixie and you can find many more photos of my truck at www.kenstufftruxonline.com.

AVTekk   +1y
That looks like its gonna be a big ass truck! tube and plate work look pretty good, lets see some more pics..
diggindixie   +1y

Thanks man!.. You can check out some more pics of the truck at www.kenstufftruxonline.com or www.chuckstrucks.net go to the reader's rides section..
post photo
post photo
post photo
diggindixie   +1y

Here is some more pics of the chassis...Here is some of the body mounts we did for the cab and bed:
post photo
post photo
post photo
diggindixie   +1y

Here's a pic of the chassis we started to build from scratch.
post photo
JLCHEVY_VC   +1y

that will be a big assss truck. 72 inch tires, dayum
stockfloored85   +1y

lol, crazy, that will not fit under an overpass on interstate. lol
diggindixie   +1y
---------------------------------------------Originally posted by Zip_TydThat is some crazy shit! ---------------------------------------------Thanks man! It has just begun. Wait to the motor, custom cage, interior/sound system. Going to be insane!
post photo
diggindixie   +1y

---------------------------------------------Originally posted by JLCHEVY_VCthat will be a big assss truck. 72 inch tires, dayum---------------------------------------------Yeah, the tires around 74" and I am looking for a set of 100" R2s.
diggindixie   +1y

---------------------------------------------Originally posted by stockfloored85lol, crazy, that will not fit under an overpass on interstate. lol---------------------------------------------Yeah we are building a custom trailor that I can attach to a Dodge MegaCab Dulley so that the truck will be able to clear, but it will be close..