Page 1 of 2
Nissan Trucks \  1978 Datsun Need pic & ideas

1978 Datsun Need pic & ideas

Nissan Trucks Make Specific
views 1539
replies 15
following 8

Dropmaster   +1y
I recently picked up this 78 Datsun on a trade. I have never bagged a truck with torsion bars. Can someone post some pictures and give me some advice? I have a good idea of what I want for the rear. I mainly need some pictures for the front.
pugz   +1y
clean lil 620
laydsuzu   +1y

if you've never bagged a truck with Torsion Bars, then i was going to suggest swapping the front clip of the frame with a toyota pickup front end to that truck.....that woulda made it easier, but its hard to swap a front clip
wacko   +1y
have you checked out Ratsun.netthey have very good info on datsun and some guys on there bag there 620
DOWNHERE   +1y

DOWNHERE   +1y

My cheesy skills
kaoss   +1y

Does it have ball joints or kingpins in the front, i bet kingpins, but there are some 78's with ball joints? It should also be drum brakes. I would start with, because I am on mine, converting the front over to ball joints and disc using control arms built be Beebani (on here and on Ratsun) and hardbody/720 parts. There really isn't anything wrong with kingpin suspension, and you can leave it, but it is difficult to find parts for. Bagging a torsion truck is pretty simple. On a 620 you have to clearance a frame rail in to make room for the bag. A piece of big pipe cut in half works well. Someone already mentioned Ratsun.net, there is a thread on there by Slammy and a few others that have bagged a 620.   

smctoy   +1y

man thats a clean project...Ive always wanted one that body style!