Under Construction General Discussions
views 1714
replies 32
following 30

Minitucking   +1y

A little history of my truck: 
Bought it used in 98' bagged it on z71 wheels drove it daily till around 03',

Bought some 18" boyds and bodydropped it,

Molded the bed up and sheet metal the inside.

Then sold the 18s and bought some 20/22" Boyd Rallye wheels....
8-09-06
&nbsp;backhalfed to narrow rear frame to fit 22x10s, narrowed rear axle, new firewall and tubs to tuck 20s Heres some more pics.. pulled it out of the shop to load on the trailer for Gator Drag.07Decent amount of liftReady for GD07'&nbsp;<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->&nbsp;
&nbsp;Heres the new control arms and bag mounts. .&nbsp;
Lt1 out of a 95 Buick Roadmaster not mounted yet just sitting there to see what all i gotta do to make it fit.Bed is finally on! &nbsp;<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
New coversOld coversNew Headers
&nbsp;
Well right in the middle We decided to build a new house. So i got a big ass shop to go along with the house!!! House and Shop
Bringing the truck to her new home.
&nbsp;
Me and the wife at the new house.
&nbsp;
&nbsp;
&nbsp;
Got Lift?
&nbsp;

&nbsp;
These ares some shots before i tore it down again.
&nbsp;
&nbsp;
&nbsp;
&nbsp;
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 2-8-09
I finally have most of the shop finished and i am FINALLY able to start work on the project again. Pulled the cab and bed off the frame tonight so i can start prepping the frame for paint. The motor is at the machine shop getting a working over. So here is some pictures of tonight. oh by the way the freaking lift is a dream!!!
&nbsp;
Been working on the frame, trying to get it ready for paint. Fabbed new tranny crossmember, carrier bearing crossmember, shocks front and back, air tank mounting, fuel tank mounting, notched frame for header on pass. side, cleanup and reweld backhalf, weld and grind smooth all holes in frame. Right now i am fabbing new inner fender wells in the engine compartment and getting my radiator mounted. As far as the LT1 goes, i got it back from the machine shop and got the shortblock assembled and block primed. Waiting on the heads from the machine shop to finish assembly and paint. Here is a few pics from the past few weeks.

&nbsp;

&nbsp;
4-23-09
Ok so i just about finished the front inner fender wells, finished bolting up the fuel cell, airtank, battery holder, and backup compressor. Also got the heads on the motor. Motor components so far.... Block, crank, rods, heads, lifters are all stock i have added Keith Black forged pistons, Comp Cams 503 Cam, Comp Cams Beehive Springs, Comp Cams 10degree retainers and locks, comp cams magnum roller rockers, comp cams hardened pushrods, and ARP Head bolts. Still cleaning up the intake manifold but should be finished with that today. Heres some pics.
&nbsp;
&nbsp;
5-3-09
&nbsp;
Got the motor painted.And with a few goodies!!
&nbsp;
5-9-09
&nbsp;
Got the radiator mounted today. Also had to remount my steering column because it was too low. Felt like i was going backwards instead of forward. Anyways i am about to the point where i can take the cab off AGAIN and proceed with grinding and welding then to paint.

&nbsp;
6-12-09
Not much in the way of progress but it took me a while to get here. Had to finish all the welding and grinding. First two pics are right before sandblasting the last two are after etching primer. hopefully next week i will have some pics of color on the frame and suspension components.
&nbsp;
6-22-09
Look what i brought home today!!!
&nbsp;
7-08-09
&nbsp;
Frame assembled still got to run fuel lines and brake lines, mock up exhaust.

&nbsp;
7-09-09
&nbsp;
Threw the Cab on for Pandemonium Show in Alexdria,LA
&nbsp;
&nbsp; <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
&nbsp;
7-22-09
Been working on a front brake setup for the past few months. Came across some 4 piston brembo's and rotors so i picked up and started fitting them up. Had to fab a new bracket for them to bolt up and turn down the outside diameter of the hub because the rotors fit over the hub instead of bolting up to the back. Downside to this is it spaces the wheels 1/4" on both sides and if your allready tight on clearance this is bad. You would not beleive the size of these freakin rotors!! They are 14" crossdrilled and HEAVY!! I took some size comparison pics for yall. later on when i get everything done i make a write up of it so if anybody else wants to attempt it they will have a little direction. Here yall go.Size comparison to the stock brakes.
&nbsp;
&nbsp;
&nbsp;
2001x   +1y
looks sweet man...that rear dish is nice!
laydsuzu   +1y

i was wondering where this mini went.....love the color.....looks sick
Uncle Fester   +1y

OMG I am in love.&nbsp; Truck is looking awesome.&nbsp; Your attention to detail is outstanding.&nbsp; Keep up the great work.&nbsp;
ptman2002   +1y

wow this thing is coming along nicely man.&nbsp;&nbsp; love the house and the new shop.&nbsp; definatly jelous of the lift.&nbsp;
g9m2c   +1y
Trucks looking awesome, I like the way you dated and explained everything you have done in steps
post photo
SOLOWMA   +1y

jealous, looks fn sweet,good luck
scr8pnyota   +1y

damn thats looking sick, awsome work
stockfloored85   +1y

very nice bro
SOLOWMA   +1y

awsome build pics, alot of time well spent