Page 1 of 3
Under Construction \  Collapsable Frame Table BUILD up

Collapsable Frame Table BUILD up

Under Construction General Discussions
views 1440
replies 24
following 12

pimptruckman92   +1y
Posted this in the "man caves" thread. thought id give it its own just to show some of the ways ive designed a full frame table to be collapsable for easy strorage when done with a project. i only have a 2 car garage. share any ideas you might have or questions/ comments. thanks

kind of up in the air with the gussets, dont think its going to make much differance, probably the second style with the gussets at a 45*

kaoss   +1y
that looks good so far! I would build me a frame table, for the time and cost I would be able to build the SFBD frame for my project.
pimptruckman92   +1y

well i plan on building several projects (fingers crossed) over the course of my life, if i continue to have the time and funds. friend of mine wants me to do his 4 dr blazer after my truck but it will be a while yet.  and ive been wanting to have my own table  for a while...  possibly build an older mustang full frame as well. it just solves alot of guess work. garage floors aint FLAT and i'd prefer to tack the frame material down so it wont tweak out of measurement when fabricating it all up.
974door   +1y
Any updates?
pimptruckman92   +1y

it was all posted today. but i should have some more pieces done soon that are going to be addidtional crossmembers that will have a large top and they will be movable between the main two rails, they are angle iron riding on top of the 2x3, they will have 1/2" bolts that will tighten them down so they wont slide freely but are movable for different uses. one will be for the front suspension area, one for the rear axle area and one extra just in case i need another. heres a quick PAINT sketch of the plan...
post photo
stewranger   +1y

Stephen, Man those are some big nuts you are holding. LOL. Table is looking good. I am putting one together as well ( but not with removable legs - I'm probally going to regret that) And yes Nathan mine is a Black Hole for Money. 
pimptruckman92   +1y

well i didnt think it would be appropriate to show the pic of your mom holding them for me...j/k i almost had to have it collapsable for the only space i have available, and didnt want to store it outside and get all rusty/ shitty looking
IMLOWER   +1y
heres one i just built
post photo
pimptruckman92   +1y

nice table potter, mines not welded up yet. im trying to get all the loose ends tied up so i can weld it then FINALLY assemble it, legs and all.
pimptruckman92   +1y

UPDATE 8-28-09 been busy doin some landscaping around the house not working on the table... finally got some work done on it past what i had. got it squared up and tacked into position. also have parts of move-able crossmembers at work just needing a little welding and channel material. had it squared away but i only tacked it today b/c i left tape measure at work damnit. so next week i WILL have it fully welded and up on some legs.                                                        shimmed, leveled, squared, and clamped JUST TACKED for now... just to show what the leg brakcets will look like with gussets in place
post photo
post photo
post photo