Page 1 of 3
Under Construction \  "The Forgotten"

"The Forgotten"

Under Construction General Discussions
views 1191
replies 28
following 19

OutkastWagon51   +1y
 Alright well here goes, I finally decided to start a build thread on my 82 Ford Courier. Well actually that's not entirely true, there was finally some progress on it so I decided to start a thread! lol. I dropped this truck off 2 years ago right after it appeared in Sport Truck magazine for a Busted Knuckles feature.It was in the May 07 issue so it is now 2 years to the day pretty much. I had 2 renderings done and still have not decided for sure which color it will be and may have a new rendering done all together? It almost became one of those renderings that never turn into reality. But anyways everything finally got straightened out on my end and the guy building it's life so that there is progress and should make a show or two this year minus having the motor or bodywork finished. It is being stock floored and  a couple pics of the start of the back half are in my profile or will be as soon they are approved. I had the rearend narrowed 2 and a half inches on each side and we are using an 89 mazda front clip that will be narrowed 3 inches total. I am running 18x 8 wheels in the front and 20x 8.5's in the back they have a 5 and a 5.4 backspacing.I am also debating building my 289 ford V8 for it or doing something crazy with the 2.3 that is currently in it (i.e. turbo or a folvo turbo conversion).But I hope you like it the pics should be approved tonight but I do not know how to post pics so hopefully when they are available someone would be kind enough to post them in here for me. Let me know what you all think of the rear clip it's 3 inch stainless steel tubing. Some things may still change on it but it's a good start. 
OutkastWagon51   +1y

The pictures have been approved and are in my profile now. Let me know what you guy's think.
lowkid37   +1y
so basicaly red or green? i like the green. well i like them both.
dbldub01   +1y

I like the red, but the truck is different so why not the green?? I don't know

OutkastWagon51   +1y

Thanks guys. I really want some opinions on the frame work so far. I am pretty happy with it right now although there is alot left to do. The paint decision will probably be made the day I walk into the paint store and put the money on the counter. It's been back and forth and will probably not be settled till the day it has to be. Although I am leaning towards the red at this point more! lol
flatblack92   +1y
The frame is looking good! How thick is the steel and how did you bend it? Also in my opinion you should definitely go with the red. The green looks cool in the rendering but green is extremely easy to make look ugly.
OutkastWagon51   +1y

To be honest I don't know what the thickness is on the framerails I just know it's 3 inch stainless. I was so happy to see some progress that I just took pics and started talking about the rest of the set up and the front clip and stuff! I will find out though and he does exhaust work for his daily income and used his dyes and stuff to bend it. Also the plates for the gussets throughout the main rails are stainless so it should all polish out nicely if I want to take the time. It may not take out all of the places where it was welded though so I will have to try it and see what it is going to look like.
bodydropped85   +1y

red for sure.

97Ramonrockstars   +1y

Im diggin the Green bro

OutkastWagon51   +1y

Thanks guys. I am hoping to take this to the RA show. The bodywork will likely not be done and it may not run but i wanna go to this show and hopefully take the truck as well.