Page 2 of 4
Ford Trucks \  best spark plugs for f150

best spark plugs for f150

Ford Trucks Make Specific
views 5018
replies 30
following 17

waynehammer   +1y
--------------------------------------------- Originally posted by bagged85 motorcraft is made by autolite....

--------------------------------------------- YEAH THAT ALWAYS MADE ME LAUGH TOO, NO ONE WANTED AUTOLITE, ONLY MOTORCRAFT. HAHAHA MOTORCRAFT IS MADE BY AUTOLITE, AND AUTOLITE  IS MADE BY FRAM   AND FOR YOU AC DELCO LOVERS, AC DELCO PLUGS ARE MADE BY NGK.

cheese   +1y
WHAT YEAR MODEL AND I WILL GET YOU A FORD PART# I WOULD NOT RUN ANYTHING ELES!

97hrdbdy   +1y
Just because companies make parts for other companies, that doesn't mean they are made to the same specifications.   I will only speak about my experiences at the shop I run.   I have seen many problems with autolite plugs that didn't last long, many more than motorcraft
97hrdbdy   +1y
Edited: 1/14/2009 1:17:06 PM by Kmanuel

I had a customer show me an email from Honeywell that said they make both autolite and motorcraft plugs.It says that both are made to quality specifications, it didn't say the "same quality specifications" It also said that Motorcraft plugs are built to ford specifications, the email didn't say autolite were built to ford specifications.While many people will be satisfied with autolite plugs, is it really worth a couple dollars a plug to find out? "As a division of the Honeywell Corporation, Autolite is the manufacturer responsible for the production of all Motorcraft spark plugs in North America for the Ford Motor Company. Both Autolite and Ford/Motorcraft spark plugs are built to quality standards using quality components. Autolite manufacture's the Motorcraft plugs based on the specific design requirements of the Ford Motor Company. Autolite and Motorcraft spark plugs are manufactured side-by-side at our facility in Northern Ohio."
severedmikey   +1y
I agree 100% a good analogy would be ppg paint makes omni and if your a painter you know they arent even almost comparable.   you can do a lot of different things under one roof!  my room mate makes better dinner than me and we both use the same kitchen! lol.   anyway thank you guys for the responses.   ------------------------------------------- Originally posted by Kmanuel Edited: 1/14/2009 1:17:06 PM by Kmanuel I had a customer show me an email from Honeywell that said they make both autolite and motorcraft plugs. It says that both are made to quality specifications, it didn't say the "same quality specifications" It also said that Motorcraft plugs are built to ford specifications, the email didn't say autolite were built to ford specifications. While many people will be satisfied with autolite plugs, is it really worth a couple dollars a plug to find out?   "As a division of the Honeywell Corporation, Autolite is the manufacturer responsible for the production of all Motorcraft spark plugs in North America for the Ford Motor Company. Both Autolite and Ford/Motorcraft spark plugs are built to quality standards using quality components. Autolite manufacture's the Motorcraft plugs based on the specific design requirements of the Ford Motor Company. Autolite and Motorcraft spark plugs are manufactured side-by-side at our facility in Northern Ohio." ---------------------------------------------
severedmikey   +1y
--------------------------------------------- Originally posted by cheese WHAT YEAR MODEL AND I WILL GET YOU A FORD PART# I WOULD NOT RUN ANYTHING ELES! --------------------------------------------- thanks man. its a1997 f150 4.6 liter
bodydropped85   +1y

ive never had a problem with any of the autolites in any of the ford products i have owned. never had a mod moter tho...

Slammed83Mazda   +1y
Are they a huge pain in the ass to change like they are on the 5.4 motor?
cheese   +1y
Edited: 1/15/2009 8:26:15 AM by cheese

the motorcraft part # is AGSF-32F-Mthe list price is $8.92 pc.they may differ from the plug in the truck now, but these are what you need to run.becarefull taking the out and watch pulling the threads out with the plug.that is the only issue they have. i would only run motorcraft plugs on a ford!!
severedmikey   +1y
^^^ great thanks a lot colby.   and yes nick they are terrible. with the body drop i cant even reach the back ones. i actually have to jack the cab up a few inches! thats why i want to do it now cause i have the truck taken apart, and thats why its so important i  get the right thing cause i dont want to do it again until i absolutely have to!