Page 1 of 4
Mazda Trucks \  mazda suicide doors

mazda suicide doors

Mazda Trucks Make Specific
views 5878
replies 33
following 22

sadisticiron   +1y
just finished these doors up last weekend. the owner got screwed on hindges. so i had to make my own. he should chime in with a comment on them to. they open slightly past 90degrees

KEEF   +1y
Work looks great as always but my only concern is thats alot of stress on one pin/bushing.....Did u use some type of roller bearings instead of bushings?
DDlowztaco   +1y
I like the one hinge setup.......looks bad ass. Don't see it done much
Getbored Designs   +1y
looks awesome
the only thing i can say about he single hinges
is that is allows the door to vibrate alot
because of the only two mounting points
what helps out alot and im not sure if you did it already or not
but adding a bushing high and low on the door to put out ward pressure on the door
and eliminating flex while you are driving down the road
inomrthenudo   +1y
Originally posted by sadisticiron

just finished these doors up last weekend. the owner got screwed on hindges. so i had to make my own. he should chime in with a comment on them to. they open slightly past 90degrees

I everyone, this is my Mazda. Well so far the doors open and close like they are supposed to. I have driven the truck once since then, but have opened the doors about 20 times and still closes fine. I don't doubt Bobby's work since he has done other things to my truck and they have held up well. It is hard to say what will happen in the future whether or not they will sag. (Hope not) If you guys see something (or if you Bobby, see something) that can be improved on, please let us know. I know they use single hinges on rear doors like the Chrysler 300, which are heavier then the Mazda doors. It is definitely something different. This is not my daily, but it is driven to shows. I am always been worried about the doors coming open while driving on the freeway. Bobby used the stock latches instead of the bear claw ones. He did a good job moving them over. Does anyone have experience with using stock latches and whether or not they are strong enough to withstand the air resistance while driving down the road? Or do any of you recommend or use a "deadbolt?" Any feedback good or bad to ensure these last a looong time would be appreciated or if you think I will run into problems down the road if you have experience with this.
post photo
post photo
sadisticiron   +1y
i used 1 inch 1/4 wall dom as the hindge bushing. the chances of that thick of material flexing is pretty slim. the hindge bracket is made from 3 inch 1/2 flat stock. nothing in the hindge is less then 1/4 steel.
inomrthenudo   +1y
Actually Bobby, I was just going to comment about that. When I looked at the POS hinges and the ones you made, BIG difference on the thickness. They are beefy as hell. I just hope the stock latches will hold just fine.
///RELAXED 720   +1y
Originally posted by inomrthenudo

Actually Bobby, I was just going to comment about that. When I looked at the POS hinges and the ones you made, BIG difference on the thickness. They are beefy as hell. I just hope the stock latches will hold just fine.

I used the stock latch on my suicide door....Once I got everything aligned. I had no problems & I drove mine everyday for 4 yrs....so you shouldnt have any problems

inomrthenudo   +1y
Originally posted by ///RELAXED 720

Originally posted by inomrthenudo

I used the stock latch on my suicide door....Once I got everything aligned. I had no problems & I drove mine everyday for 4 yrs....so you shouldnt have any problems

Thanks for the reply. He did a great job with the doors so I only have minimal painting and bodywork to do to the jambs. My latches are kinda worn, so I am going to order new ones from the dealer.

maztang (ryan)   +1y
very nice. i can't wait to do my 83's doors. i like the one hinge look.