Page 1 of 12
Under Construction \  baggin the HHR

baggin the HHR

Under Construction General Discussions
views 6223
replies 118
following 38

garagebuilt   +1y
started out by pulling the springs to see where it would sit. had to roll the fender lips to tuck tire. it measures 3 inches from the recker to ground in these pics

the wheel gets pulled forward too far so this afternoon i will start working on lengthening the 2 link. it needs a little tubbing to lay all the way out.

mazberrydelight   +1y
how are you going to get the front low. strut assembly is a PITA on the hhr
garagebuilt   +1y
new pics of after bags

all up 100psi

post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
standardbyker88   +1y
thats pretty sweet. i like it. any plans for the exhaust? i wouldnt leave it dumping under the car that way.

random sidenote: do the HHRs use the same tail lights as the 2 door cobalts? they look really similar.
toostock   +1y
I really like HHRs. Post some more pics when you tub it.
22below   +1y
Looks good
garagebuilt   +1y
i ordered the struts for the front today. i will probably lay the front out on plastic for now. the back will not really need much tubbing maybe an inch. plus i need to notch the frame and z the stock 2 link. the back should lay out but no hope for the front im afraid. does anyone know of common problems with fwd and bags. how far can the cv joints get twisted before problms occur?
AON-OFFDAHOOK   +1y
You may want to consider making custom front upper mounts to lift the strut tower up, this is really the only way (see Tracy's Altima that Autocore did) or even see if you can flip them but still have the movement of the bag when turning.
garagebuilt   +1y
the front is a problem because the tire hits the body line i can get it close with the strus i ordered but without modification of the fender it wont lay rocker. it will dra a$$ though

post photo
AON-OFFDAHOOK   +1y
Show a pic of the front all the way down...