Not Forgotten

Under Construction General Discussions
views 3979
replies 83
following 40

airrideluvtruck   +1y
Edited: 10/5/2008 11:03:06 PM by AirRideLuvtruck

Hey guys
New project came in Saturday its an '83 toyota longbed SR5, the owners name is Pete. Its going to be getting a full bag job and a stockfloor bodydrop. Smooth raised bedfloor with a hinged access cover. Going to keep the gas tank in its stock location and install a 3 link Re-6 bags up front and Re-7's out back. Its gonna be pretty cool when its done!

Removed the bed today and cleaned up the frame. Took some measurements so now Im ready to order some parts.

Off to the steel mill tomorrow gonna get some metal for the notches and the 3 link crossmember.

TwistedMinis   +1y
That looks so familiar. Lol.

Since you're going to stock floor it, you should just go ahead and swap to the 84-95 frame clip up front. The geometry is so much better.
airrideluvtruck   +1y
Haha yea when I first saw it I thought of your truck.

I was thinkin about possibly narrowing the stock clip a little but might go ahead and upgrade like you say. What are the problems that your having with yours?
TwistedMinis   +1y
It just gets too much camber. That and its very difficult to find wheels that tuck. 7.5" is as wide as you can go, and you need +45 or greater on the offset. That will give you about 3/8" between the tire and fender. You can almost turn the wheel 180 degrees while tucking tire, but that hardly makes any turns without taking up a few lanes.

A slightly narrowed newer clip would be great, because you have virtually no camber change throughout travel.

I'm building a new clip for my truck right now, with the stock track width narrowed 2.625" total.
granth   +1y
such a random number seth lol. 2 5/8 right?

i like toyotas more and more everyday, but I have to ask what your doing with the ford in the background? need a parts truck with brand new motor lol.
TwistedMinis   +1y
Originally posted by 72bumpside

such a random number seth lol. 2 5/8 right?

I picked that number so that the rails would be an even width. Rather than 24 1/8" it will be 24" even. I dunno, I'm picky.
Dejavu   +1y
/\/\/\ even im anal seth but damn!!! hahaha
airrideluvtruck   +1y
Edited: 10/5/2008 10:58:28 PM by AirRideLuvtruck

Originally posted by TwistedMinis

It just gets too much camber. That and its very difficult to find wheels that tuck. 7.5" is as wide as you can go, and you need +45 or greater on the offset. That will give you about 3/8" between the tire and fender. You can almost turn the wheel 180 degrees while tucking tire, but that hardly makes any turns without taking up a few lanes.

A slightly narrowed newer clip would be great, because you have virtually no camber change throughout travel.

I'm building a new clip for my truck right now, with the stock track width narrowed 2.625" total.

Cool thanks for the info Seth.

Grant the ford is my daily driver. After I finish this and a few projects I plan on building a full frame for it a 1 ton chevy clip and making it a crewcab also a cummins 6bt. It has a fresh 428 Fe and a T-18 4 speed.

granth   +1y
as much as id love to build my ford, i just dont have a vision for it like i do the yota. i very easily could have done what im doing to the yota, with the ford, but i just couldnt figure what i want out of the ford. other than money sellin it.
airrideluvtruck   +1y
Made the notches today should be installed by tomorrow night. Im going to section these down into the frame instead of welding it to the top of the framerail.

post photo
post photo