threads
Page 20 of 21
Body work and Paint \  LET'S SEE THE FLAT/SATIN PAINT JOBS!!

LET'S SEE THE FLAT/SATIN PAINT JOBS!!

Body work and Paint Q & A
views 59399
replies 202
following 164

surge12   +1y
alot of nice rides, I was thinking of using Hot Rod Flatz as well over an industrial paint a local shop mentioned to me about. HRF offers more colors to chose that keeps me leaning that way. My questions are 1st my truck has been in a primer for about a year if i shoot it with HRF would i have to reprimer it first before shooting it??? Also other than HRF shooting out thin are there any other cons in using it?????
WAY2LO   +1y

MADMAX95 (JOEL)After you sprayed the HRF was there any thing else that had to be done (as far as sanding, etc)?? the finish looks really smooth...I just bought some Daytona Blue Pearl that im going to be spraying in a couple of weeks...wanting to know if there is anything i should expect??  ur truck looks really good!!
WAY2LO   +1y

MADMAX95 (JOEL)After you sprayed the HRF was there any thing else that had to be done (as far as sanding, etc)?? the finish looks really smooth...I just bought some Daytona Blue Pearl that im going to be spraying in a couple of weeks...wanting to know if there is anything i should expect??  ur truck looks really good!!
tdigweed   +1y
Edited: 7/21/2011 9:01:42 PM by tdigweed

95 Civic Si in Twilight black metallic Hot Rod Flatz. It looks like Teflon
post photo
post photo
post photo
tuckinlugs06   +1y
mine is now satin white ..pic in my sig
renagadecoupe   +1y
pic of my yota flat red
markmnotdead   +1y
--------------------------------------------

BodiedClothing said:

I'd rather spray this stuff than Hot Rod Flatz too... I did Seth's toyota (in my signature) in their stuff, and it was ok. End result was good, but I fought it while I was shooting it. A lot more room for error, and I wasn't too happy with the sandability of the HRF after it cured. I'm sticking with this stuff for budget jobs, and for satin jobs as well. Unless of course someone wants a metallic flat paintjob, like the Silver Slipper. That thing is awesome. Need a flattened clear for something like that. Or The one that Gambino did. Love that truck

--------------------------------------------

What kind of paint was used on the silver truck? that thing is so clean
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
Draggin2hell   +1y
heres mine its hot rod flatz vintage burgundy pearl it didnt turn out to bad

post photo
post photo
StocksAndPrimer   +1y

my contribution.