threads
Page 1 of 1
Car Care \  Any Detailing Questions? Ask me!

Any Detailing Questions? Ask me!

Car Care Q & A
views 420
replies 7
following 6

Juiced202   +1y
What up guys?

Just figured I would offer my detailing expertise to anyone looking for some insight into anything car-care related. Ask away!
dubrocker04   +1y
my windshield has wax that won't come off. so far i've tried windex and 409.

how do i get a clear windshield again??
bikemike20   +1y
razor blade
llatinostyle   +1y
I'm about to pick up my newly painted truck.What's the best wax to use and any special rag required to keep from scratching or swirl marks?
bikemike20   +1y
steel wool 00g
Juiced202   +1y
Edited: 6/4/2008 6:25:11 PM by Juiced202

Originally posted by bully

I'm about to pick up my newly painted truck.What's the best wax to use and any special rag required to keep from scratching or swirl marks?

What type of wax you should use depends on what you are looking for; ultimate shine or excellent durability. For a great combination of the two, I would recommend Finish Kare's 1000P (fk1usa.com). Give two or three coats 24 hours apart from one another and you'll really see some excellent results.

As far as towels go, microfibers are the only towel one should use on paint. I personally like the Vroom orange microfibers from Target. I believe a pack of twelve is $10, and I would buy two sets. When you wash them in the machine, use regular detergent and no fabric softener. Tumble dry low.

locaddy   +1y
I wouldnt wax that truck for a few weeks at least. That fresh paint is still letting solvents out, when you wax it you are trapping them in and could lead to premature paint failure. I like the 3M microfiber polishing cloths, they are 10x softer than any others Ive ever seen.
Juiced202   +1y
Edited: 6/5/2008 1:24:01 PM by Juiced202

Edited: 6/4/2008 6:58:28 PM by Juiced202

Originally posted by kadillakstyle

I wouldnt wax that truck for a few weeks at least. That fresh paint is still letting solvents out, when you wax it you are trapping them in and could lead to premature paint failure. I like the 3M microfiber polishing cloths, they are 10x softer than any others Ive ever seen.

+1

You can use a glaze for a few weeks if you're really looking for any sort of protection, but don't use any wax.

For the guy asking about his windshield, you can try claying your windshield. That might remove some contaminants (especially wax).
Page 1 of 1