Project: Hand me down

Under Construction General Discussions
views 2292
replies 44
following 29

ixenn   +1y
Edited: 1/2/2009 12:28:27 PM by SSM-WebMaster

Edited: 11/17/2008 3:08:43 AM by ixenn
So I figured i'll put my project up on SSM. I bought the truck from a guy on mautofied, and it had a lot of good work done to it and some bad but mostly good. I bought the truck with no bed, no interior, no steering column, no cantilever link bars, and no bumper. none the less... Before working on it.. This is how I got the truck -             And this is when I got possession of it and started working on it -  cleaning up the engine compartment  figuring out the valves ( the frame is the air tank)   cleaned the crap out of the booster  cleaned the rear frame a little  figuring out the wiring and cleaning all the fiberglass resin + bondo out of the cab  cleaning up the seats  wiring up the rag top (making sure it works) its very slow the motor might be gone  brakes weren't previously installed and all bolts were missing  just seeing if it cleans up - not to bad.  picture of how the custom steering  picture of the "spacers" i'll have to replace with some DOM from work    The other arm is at devious customs as they are making the connecting links from the cantilever bars to the axle.   Hood and bumper bolted up but not aligned for shit , the hood was hard because they welded the firewall over the bolt holes for the hinges they had chromed - had to cut a big hole to fit my hand in  bed was 100 dollars, cutting the floor out was free.  inside looks bad  tailgate was free - ill probably rip it off and weld up a full skin.  finally some interior progress - got all the wiring figured out and cleaned up . Had to cut the carpet down the middle due to the tranmission tunnel. Carpet and dash was 100 dollars   working on the bed floor   I'll post more pictures tomorrow as i've done some more since the last picture.
AON-JAMES   +1y
wasn't that greg's truck?

cool to see it coming along, good luck, seems you've got some good deals on parts.. dash and bed.. sheesh!

ps: awesome truck.
ixenn   +1y
sure was
nicoloyd   +1y
Edited: 6/3/2008 4:56:03 AM by lowonair86

Like the overall work to the truck, color scheme (green, red, blue) not what I would have chose IMO. But I see your making a lot of changes, cant wait to see the new pic's. And anyone who's gives you shit for it being "bought" and not "built" by you, f**k em. At least your making progress on the truck and it's not rotting away in someones backyard or something. Have fun and good luck.

Nick.
Uncle Fester   +1y
Lookin great man you sure have your work cut out for you. Keep the thread updated
idrgbdy   +1y
can't wait to see what you have planned. great progress pics!
ixenn   +1y
at least i bought half built lol
ixenn   +1y
Edited: 1/2/2009 12:29:29 PM by SSM-WebMaster

Edited: 11/17/2008 3:10:15 AM by ixenn finally a steering wheel  trying to get the rust off of these manifolds  powering steering and belt installed  mocking up the bed panels 
lx4life   +1y
yup I remember when Greg started on that truck he is from FFF
stickboy   +1y
dude, that looks like a mess of work ahead of you, how are you gonna have the the connecting rods from the bags to the axel running through the bed? just a hole cut through your new inner bed structure?